Default Marking Sticks For Lathe

I use sticks (some people use wood rulers) with notches cut into them
to mark my cuts for spindle work on a lathe. I call these "marking
sticks". Do these things have a "real" name? Thanks.

Knothead

In other applications I have heard tools like this referred to as story
boards.

charlie b

Knothead wrote:

In other applications I have heard tools like this referred to as story
boards.

Another mixed media thing. Story boards are used in film and video
making to illustrate key scenes so folks have an idea of camera
location
and field of view, sets, props, actor positions, costumes etc.

Story sticks have length and height and depth for key points on
a cabinet, set of cabinets, desks, dressers etc. One of the
four faces for lengths, one for heights, one for depths and the
last for the piece name and notes.

Story sticks are easier to store than drawings but harder
to file.

charlie b

Metal measuring and marking devices Ron Culver Metalworking 5 May 2nd 05 02:32 AM
Park Marking Help Lane Metalworking 10 February 3rd 05 04:11 AM
sharpening wheel marking gauges sr_wood Woodworking 6 December 4th 04 05:06 PM
dovetail marking Gary DeWitt Woodworking 13 November 30th 04 01:15 PM
smd marking Matthieu Benoit Electronics Repair 1 April 3rd 04 10:31 PM