Tom Banes

Default Slightly OT and in RE Inner Peace

Decided to spend a couple of hours this evening, working on a box I've
been puddling around with. The box joints had been glued up for about
48 hours, so all was safe, I hoped.

15 minutes setting up the gar... uh shop. Grab crosscut sled (love
it!) and sqaure the partially finished top. Grab flame maple strips
(some call it fiddle back) and set up framing for top. Glue size end
grain edges. Wait 5 while setting up clamps, gluing girders (love them
too). Edge glue framing, clamp tight (but not too).

Decide to sand residual glue off inside corners of box while waiting
for top to set up. 360 grit on a small stub of MDF and work the inside
corners clean. Dental pick gets last itty biity bits.

All the while thinking of my Dad, lo' these many years ago.

"What ever you do, do it as well as you can, so the mistakes are not
yours, just lack of knowledge or training or experience.".

Something about the swish of fine sandpaper on curly balck walnut
makes one pensive.

"getting shut of doing things rather more or less"

The Bard of Empire, the Soldier's Laureate
C & M

I though that I was kinda goofey, having 'moments' while alone in the shop.
It does salve the heart and pacify the mind, doesn't it. Here's to more of
same.
"Tom Banes" wrote in message
[...]

OT Humor - Inner Peace gary Woodworking 3 August 31st 05 01:49 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
uneven slightly damp sandstone slab floor - levelling compound/tiles/carpet? tez UK diy 12 November 3rd 04 10:57 AM
Drop front is slightly warped. Toller Woodworking 0 April 19th 04 04:14 AM