bc

Default Specific saw blade question

I am currently searching for a ripping blade and a double sided
laminate blade for my table saw (3hp cabinet model). I was interested
to see that Freud had significantly different tooth geometries for the
two blades that I was interested in than anyone else. I DAGS and
couldn't find anything so I pose the question to the group. Has anyone
used the Freud LM74 series ripping blade or the LU97series double sided
laminate blade? I'm interested because the LM74 series ripping blade
has a 12 degree hook angle with a triple chip grind on the teeth. CMT
and everyone else's ripping blades that I looked at use a 20 degree
hook angle with a flat top grind on their teeth. The Freud LU97 series
for double sided laminate is even stranger it uses a negative 3 degree
hook angle with a triple chip grind, everyone else's laminate blades
that I looked at use a posative five degree hook angle with a 40 degree
top angle on an alternating top bevel grind. The numbers were so
different that I wondered if anyone out there had used either or both
of those Freud blades and could tell me how they worked. I would be
especially interested in anyone who had also used some of the other
brands and could compare the two for me. I'm just curious because
sometimes different is good and sometimes it's definately not. Thanks
in advance for any help. Happy sawdust. BC