mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default Advice on bandsaws

Thanks to everyone for the router bit advice. I have another question.

Since I have a good miter saw, and I want to do most of my work with the
router and scroll saw, it was recommended that I look into getting a
band saw instead of a table saw. The ones that struck my fancy are (in
order of descending price):

Jet 710115K 14" - $600
Jet 708115RK 14" - $540
Delta 28-206 14" - $500
Grizzly G0555 14" - $425
Jet JWBS-12OS/708901 12" - $330

Any opinions on these?
Or other recommendations?

I'd rather not spend a ton of money, but as I said before, I'm willing
to spend the extra few hundred if the machine merits it.

Jack

David

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the router bit advice. I have another question.

Since I have a good miter saw, and I want to do most of my work with the
router and scroll saw, it was recommended that I look into getting a
band saw instead of a table saw. The ones that struck my fancy are (in
order of descending price):

Jet 710115K 14" - $600
Jet 708115RK 14" - $540
Delta 28-206 14" - $500
Grizzly G0555 14" - $425
Jet JWBS-12OS/708901 12" - $330

Any opinions on these?
Or other recommendations?

I'd rather not spend a ton of money, but as I said before, I'm willing
to spend the extra few hundred if the machine merits it.

Jack

If you want to spend $900, get the Powermatic. Drool over the features
on line. If you can find one in a store you'll throw rocks at the
others and pony up the extra bucks unless quality and features mean
nothing to you. There are other BS out there for lots more money, but
none will perform their primary function much better w/o a HUGE bump-up
in cost.

Dave
mac davis

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:16:33 -0600, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the router bit advice. I have another question.

Since I have a good miter saw, and I want to do most of my work with the
router and scroll saw, it was recommended that I look into getting a
band saw instead of a table saw. The ones that struck my fancy are (in
order of descending price):

Jet 710115K 14" - $600
Jet 708115RK 14" - $540
Delta 28-206 14" - $500
Grizzly G0555 14" - $425
Jet JWBS-12OS/708901 12" - $330

Any opinions on these?
Or other recommendations?

I'd rather not spend a ton of money, but as I said before, I'm willing
to spend the extra few hundred if the machine merits it.

Jack

Jack.. If you're considering the Grizzly 14", check out the Rigid at (gasp) Home
Depot... it's the same saw in a different color, (folks here say they're both
made by "Elephant" in Taiwan), and runs about $350 on sale.. YMMV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Ron

Thanks to everyone for the router bit advice. I have another question.

Since I have a good miter saw, and I want to do most of my work with the
router and scroll saw, it was recommended that I look into getting a
band saw instead of a table saw. The ones that struck my fancy are (in
order of descending price):

Jet 710115K 14" - $600
Jet 708115RK 14" - $540
Delta 28-206 14" - $500
Grizzly G0555 14" - $425
Jet JWBS-12OS/708901 12" - $330

Any opinions on these?
Or other recommendations?

I'd rather not spend a ton of money, but as I said before, I'm willing
to spend the extra few hundred if the machine merits it.

Jack

I bought the Delta this past spring.from the local Rockler's for $459 and I
got a $50 gift card
I'd look around for similar deals on whatever unit you decide on.

Very happy with it so far.
I have yet to do a lot of resawing, but, when I do I plan on buying the
height attachment/resaw kit.

Ron