Jim-Poncin

Default Good table top, where to get?

I want to get a good looking table top (I already have a base), about 6 ft
long and 3 feet wide.

Any kind of wood is ok, except pine and if it's beat up and needs
refinishing that's fine.

Where can something like that be found and at what appx. cost?

Thanks

David

Jim-Poncin wrote:

I want to get a good looking table top (I already have a base), about 6 ft
long and 3 feet wide.

Any kind of wood is ok, except pine and if it's beat up and needs
refinishing that's fine.

Where can something like that be found and at what appx. cost?

Thanks

ah, at a garage sale?

Dave
Jim-Poncin

"David" wrote in message
Jim-Poncin wrote:

I want to get a good looking table top (I already have a base), about 6
ft long and 3 feet wide.

Any kind of wood is ok, except pine and if it's beat up and needs
refinishing that's fine.

Where can something like that be found and at what appx. cost?

Thanks

ah, at a garage sale?

Dave

Not the 100 plus or minus I've gone to in the last year...

Leon

"Jim-Poncin" wrote in message
nk.net...
I want to get a good looking table top (I already have a base), about 6 ft
long and 3 feet wide.

Any kind of wood is ok, except pine and if it's beat up and needs
refinishing that's fine.

Where can something like that be found and at what appx. cost?

Thanks

Home centers have planks suitable for table tops.

Marshall Boykin

step one: goto lumber yard
step two: buy 1 sheet 19mm mdf core veneer ply
step three: cut it like you want it
step three.five: make sure your bandsaw blade is sharp
step four: goto step one if you want it thicker

good luck

"Jim-Poncin" wrote in message
nk.net...
I want to get a good looking table top (I already have a base), about 6 ft
long and 3 feet wide.

Any kind of wood is ok, except pine and if it's beat up and needs
refinishing that's fine.

Where can something like that be found and at what appx. cost?

Thanks

robo hippy

you can get 6 to 8 quater maple tops from Grizzley (at least they used
to carry them) that are like the restaurant work tables, and work bench
table tops. I think Woodcraft carries some, and my local hardwood
supplies can order them also.They aren't cheap, slightly more than if
you buy the wood at retail and make it yourself.
robo hippy

bw

"Jim-Poncin" wrote in message
nk.net...
I want to get a good looking table top (I already have a base), about 6 ft
long and 3 feet wide.

Any kind of wood is ok, except pine and if it's beat up and needs
refinishing that's fine.

Where can something like that be found and at what appx. cost?

About the same dimensions as a door. Make sure it's solid core.

You stole my suggestion! Ahhhh... its so obvious I thought it was a
joke.

Seriously though... go to your local town recycle/dump center and
check out the solid core flush doors. You might even find a 42" door
if you're patient, but 36" doors are fairly plentiful.

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:46:34 -0500, "bw" wrote:

ink.net...