donal.conlon

Default How do I get a pickeled effect on Mdf?

I have a cabinate made of MDF with a maple face frame. I would like to
'pickle' it. I've read lots on the various stains that people use on
natural wood, but how do you get the same effect on MDF?

Cheers

dc

bridger

if you want any wood grain to show through the white wash, you'll have
to faux-grain it first. the "pickle" is just thinned paint.

SonomaProducts.com

I have used the Minwax Pastels Winter White quite a lot on Oak for that
80's white washed look that was so popular. It is an Oil based product
which is probably better than water based for MDF. It works great on
Oak. You can control how white things look by how much you wipe off. It
really does just seem like watered down white, oil based paint. I find
it real easy to work with.

Can Touchlamps damage or effect speakers? Mike Sampieri Electronics Repair 3 April 7th 05 01:47 AM
stack effect edee em Home Repair 20 March 12th 05 02:22 PM
Hall Effect sensor "sticks" on MikeremlaP Electronics Repair 1 January 29th 05 01:10 PM
Flame effect electric fire - recommendations? Malcolm Reeves UK diy 3 January 7th 05 03:30 PM
Stained-glass effect - materials? Frank Watson UK diy 0 September 2nd 03 11:15 AM