Mike S.

Default anyone seen new Jet Jointer

I was at Jets website and see they have a new long bed 6" jointer JJ-6CSDX.
It's bed is 56 " long vs 46" on the other 6" jointer. Anyone have a chance
to check this beast out yet? Went to Woodcraft and several other websites
and it's not listed.

--

Mike S.

http://members.tripod.com/n0yii/woodworking.htm

BillyBob

"Mike S." wrote in message
I was at Jets website and see they have a new long bed 6" jointer

JJ-6CSDX.
It's bed is 56 " long vs 46" on the other 6" jointer. Anyone have a chance
to check this beast out yet? Went to Woodcraft and several other websites
and it's not listed.

It looks like they may have adapted/rebranded the Powermatic 54a and added
handwheels. Maybe its superior to the Powermatic which is a fine jointer.

Bob

Greg O

"BillyBob" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Mike S." wrote in message
I was at Jets website and see they have a new long bed 6" jointer

JJ-6CSDX.
It's bed is 56 " long vs 46" on the other 6" jointer. Anyone have a
chance
to check this beast out yet? Went to Woodcraft and several other websites
and it's not listed.

It looks like they may have adapted/rebranded the Powermatic 54a and added
handwheels. Maybe its superior to the Powermatic which is a fine jointer.

Bob

Look again, it looks just like Jet's closed stand jointer, nothing like the
Powermatic.. My bet is they just cast longer wings and used he frame from
the old 6"
Greg

A.J. Hamler

Actually, I just got one here at the office on Monday. Haven't had a
chance to play with it yet, although I did get to try out a
preproduction unit at an editor's preview at the Jet facility in
Illinois a few months ago. I like it a lot, and am eager to give the
new one a workout.

A.J.

Greg O wrote:
"BillyBob" wrote in message