Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
vMike

Default Glass tile fiasco

I had someone install translucent glass tile on the floor and walls of a
retail space. The installation was not good. Aside from crooked tiles, which
I can live with, the surface of the floor and walls in very uneven. I looks
terrible, especially when the light hits it. I am looking for some options
to fix the unevenness and maybe save the job. (Fortunately I have not paid
for the work yet) I did a bit of research and these seem to be potential
options to attempt to fix it. (I have about 250' sq of area split evently
between walls and floor. )

1) sandblast and polish somehow
2) sand with some kind of diamond sandpaper to remove the high spots.
3) using some other kind of glass workers tool to smooth

If it can't be fixed, it will have to be removed. Anyone out there with
glass or glass tile experience that might have some ideas on what to do will
be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Glass blowing molds [email protected] Metalworking 13 April 19th 05 05:14 AM
**** Tile questions ceramic .vs. porcelain **** TheCouchCruncher Home Repair 6 October 9th 04 03:27 AM
Florida Tile LD Home Repair 16 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Florida Tile LD Home Ownership 17 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Tile Indentation & Cracking, Installer, and the Attorney General Ben Home Repair 8 July 18th 03 02:25 PM