SonomaProducts.com

Default AWFS in Vegas anyone

Hey,

Is anyone headed out to the AWFS show in Vegas next week? It will be my
first time at the show. The show floor seems to have every big player
in the ww machinery game, which is what I am going out for.

BW

RichD

Is the show closed to the public?? Would probably go if it is not. Just
be advised that today 7/18 the temp on the strip hit 116 degrees and in
Henderson where I live it hit 121. THATS HOT!!!

I went 2 years ago and it was great. There are a lot of exhibits of
heavy machinery, but there are also the traditional Porter Cable/Delta
booths also. I went to the last one that was in Anahiem, Ca. This one
is in the Las Vegas Convention Center and should really be something.
Sort of the Comdex of the woodworking industry. They also have an
exhibit of high school and college woodworking that is really
interesting and fine work. I have not been to Las Vegas when it was as
hot as it appears it will be in years. Most of my trips were in fall
and mid-winter where it was anywhere between the 50's and 60's and at
the most in the 70's. I will be interested in your experience. Give a
report when you get back.

B a r r y

RichD wrote:
Is the show closed to the public?? Would probably go if it is not. Just
be advised that today 7/18 the temp on the strip hit 116 degrees and in
Henderson where I live it hit 121. THATS HOT!!!

If the show is at the Sands / Bellagio, it may actually be cold inside.
I'd like to see the a/c farm for that place. G

Barry
SonomaProducts.com

There is a registration fee. I think it was $10 for early reg and $30
at the door. You can see all about it at http://www.awfsfair.org.

They also have classes but they are like $100 each. I am attending a
few since I am traveling all that way. The show floor will probably
take at least a whole day to see.

Also, if this show is like the shows in other industries you might get
in free or cheap on the last day.