John T. McCracken

Default Needed: Welder in Las Vegas

"Brianna" wrote in message
om...
I need someone who can weld and do a very small job for me for about
$20. That's literally how small the job is. Just need to connect a
futon on two sides. Should take a matter of 10-20 min. Because I have
no truck, it would be helpful if the welder lived or worked within a
reasonable walking distance from my residence, or if he/she could make
a quick house call. I live at the Decatur and Flamingo area. Please
e-mail me if you'd be willing to set up arrangements, until then I
HAVE NO COUCH! lol Thanks.

~Brianna

We do an awful lot of work in southern Nevada, and I'm pretty confident in
saying your $20 budget will condemn you to sitting on the floor. Mobile
rates will run around $65 - $75 per hour with a 2 - 4 hour minimum.
Hopefully you have a neighbor with some welding stuff. By the way, I like
sitting around on the floor.

JTMcC.

Desert Traveler

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Brianna

says...

I need someone who can weld and do a very small job for me for about
$20. That's literally how small the job is. Just need to connect a
futon on two sides. Should take a matter of 10-20 min. Because I have
no truck, it would be helpful if the welder lived or worked within a
reasonable walking distance from my residence, or if he/she could make
a quick house call. I live at the Decatur and Flamingo area. Please
e-mail me if you'd be willing to set up arrangements, until then I
HAVE NO COUCH! lol Thanks.

When I sold my welding business in Las Vegas in 1993, my mobile rate was $95
with a one hour minimum. I figured that is what is reasonable for two guys
to show up with $25,000 worth of equipment and fix it right the first time.

steve

Trevor Jones

Brianna wrote:

I need someone who can weld and do a very small job for me for about
$20. That's literally how small the job is. Just need to connect a
futon on two sides. Should take a matter of 10-20 min. Because I have
no truck, it would be helpful if the welder lived or worked within a
reasonable walking distance from my residence, or if he/she could make
a quick house call. I live at the Decatur and Flamingo area. Please
e-mail me if you'd be willing to set up arrangements, until then I
HAVE NO COUCH! lol Thanks.

~Brianna

Check around at your local Home Depot or similar store. Twenty bucks
ought to get you about 4 hours with a 110v welder. My local store
charges $40 CDN a day for a Lincoln Weldpack 100 wire feed unit.

Of course $20 could buy you the welder you need if you get lucky at a
garage sale. But I'd go for the sure thing, myself.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

George

For $20-30 you could buy one of the cheap little Bernzomatic
MAPP-Oxygen sets for home hobbyists. Your futon is relatively thin
gauge metal and I'd bet that a brass or nickel brazing job ought to
hold up pretty good provided you get the metal real clean. first with
grinder and/or sand paper. Bear in mind that you only get 6-12
minutes of Oxygen per bottle - it's a rip-off but it's also a tradeoff
against having a welder.

On 11 Aug 2003 14:17:31 -0700, (Brianna) wrote:

I need someone who can weld and do a very small job for me for about
$20. That's literally how small the job is. Just need to connect a
futon on two sides. Should take a matter of 10-20 min. Because I have
no truck, it would be helpful if the welder lived or worked within a
reasonable walking distance from my residence, or if he/she could make
a quick house call. I live at the Decatur and Flamingo area. Please
e-mail me if you'd be willing to set up arrangements, until then I
HAVE NO COUCH! lol Thanks.

~Brianna

surftom

ROTFLMAO - Very funny, Jim.

jim rozen wrote in message ...
In article , Brianna says...

I need someone who can weld and do a very small job for me for about
$20. That's literally how small the job is. Just need to connect a
futon on two sides. Should take a matter of 10-20 min. Because I have
no truck, it would be helpful if the welder lived or worked within a
reasonable walking distance from my residence, or if he/she could make
a quick house call. I live at the Decatur and Flamingo area. Please
e-mail me if you'd be willing to set up arrangements, until then I
HAVE NO COUCH! lol Thanks.

If you have determined that the job should cost twenty dollars
then obviously you are in the welding business yourself - to be
able to accurately cost it out. Therefore you must have been
somehow deprived of your tools and equipment because you could
have done the job yourself.

Instead of wasting twenty dollars, why not simply go and rent
the welding gear you would need to do this for an afternoon
as this would be much cheaper, and perform the work on your
own schedule.

What I don't really understand would be the need for
a contractor to live within walking distnce of your residence.
Is it a requirement that the welding equipment be carried in
on foot, and if so why?

Jim

please reply to:

Wiring my new 220 stick welder in my shop Bruce Metalworking 8 July 20th 03 05:16 AM
Welder tzd3sw UK diy 2 July 19th 03 03:16 PM
Just got a used Miller XMT 300. What's needed for TIG? Thomas Kendrick Metalworking 6 July 16th 03 01:00 PM