Joe AutoDrill

Default Simple Help Needed - Delta Drill Press Question

If you have a Delta brand drill press, could you check to see if it is a
model 17-965 or 17-965C? I need some measurements of the quill, etc and
they have to be taken by someone who knows how to use a caliper or
micrometer well enough to get me relatively good numbers...

I'll owe you a coffee, beverage of choice or small discount on your
AutoDrill order in the future. grin

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
http://www.AutoDrill.com
http://www.Multi-Drill.com

V8013-R

Jim

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
If you have a Delta brand drill press, could you check to see if it is a
model 17-965 or 17-965C? I need some measurements of the quill, etc and
they have to be taken by someone who knows how to use a caliper or
micrometer well enough to get me relatively good numbers...

I'll owe you a coffee, beverage of choice or small discount on your
AutoDrill order in the future. grin

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
http://www.AutoDrill.com
http://www.Multi-Drill.com

V8013-R

The 2004 Delta catalog shows that the quill diameter is 1 3/4 inches or
44mm.
Jim

Joe AutoDrill

The 2004 Delta catalog shows that the quill diameter is 1 3/4 inches or
44mm.

Jim,

Thanks for the tip. It is appreciated. Unfortunately, that page is
innacurate. That's the measurement of the quill that they spec it at but
not the measurement where I necessarily clamp onto. There might be a "step"
for a depth guage, etc. We have the catalog here and mark 'em up real good
once we get the measurements the first time around, but I've never had my
hands on this model. Someone else suggested going to a dealer... It would
be like asking your automobile dealer's parts counter and asking them what
the side wall diameter of an internal gear for your transmission is. They
know what the gear is (if you're lucky!), but unless they had access to the
original CAD drawing to make the gear, they don't have that info.

The measurment I need is going to be accurate to +/- .001" or so too.

Bottom line is that I need a "hands on" measurement."

My customer gets theirs in 2-3 weeks so I can always wait... But I'd rather
start my 3-4 week manufacturing process today rather than wait till then.

Joe AutoDrill

My 17-965 has a quill diameter of 1.851" to 1.853" right above where the
depth gage clamps on.

Thank you. That is one of the dimensions I need... Any chance you can
measuer the area the depth guage clamps onto? I'd love to eMail you a PDF
file showing you what I need IF you are willing? I'll owe you big time!!!

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
http://www.AutoDrill.com