Junior Member

Default Clausing DP...worht it?

I have an opportunity to purchase a Clausing 15" DP. It's variable speed 500-4000 rpm, 3/4 hp, single phase, 1/2" chuck, it's a newer floor model in great shape.
Asking price $500.00. Is it worth it?

Thanks for your input.

AAvK

I'd give you my opinion, but I don't want to post it three times.

So post it "once"... "rump".

Prometheus

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:32:14 +0100, Matisse
wrote:

I have an opportunity to purchase a Clausing 15" DP. It's variable speed
500-4000 rpm, 3/4 hp, single phase, 1/2" chuck, it's a newer floor model
in great shape.
Asking price $500.00. Is it worth it?

We've got a pair of Clausing drill presses about that size at work,
and they drill 1600-2000 2" thick pieces of steel a day, 20 hours a
day, 5-6 days a week. And they never break down. If you need that
kind of capicity, then yeah, they're worth it. If you're drilling two
holes a month in pineywood, then no, it's a waste of money.

Junior Member

[quote=Rumpy]I'd give you my opinion, but I don't want to post it three times.

Yes, I don't know why it does that. When I submitted the post I got a window that said an error had occurred. I never resubmitted so I don't know why it came up 3 times. I would appreciate your opinion however.

Basically how does the Clausing compare to say a Delta 17-925?

Thanks Rump!