Ted

The one near me parks their delivery tractor trailer in front of the store
most of time making it hard for people to drive around the parking lot. They
also leave their shopping carts all over the parking lot taking up parking
spaces.

"D. J. MCBRIDE" wrote in message
.. .

"Swingman" wrote in message
Home Depot is in business for the convenience of its
employees/stockholders,
not its customers. It's that damn simple ... around here it starts
before
you ever walk in the door, with the lumber carts stored at the
opposite end
of the gigantic parking lot from the front doors, and goes down hill
from
there.

When HD opens a shiny new store everything is rosy, then, over time,
like a
calked miter joint in a poorly made outhouse, the smell creeps out.

Agreed! I'm a remodeler and spend more time in these sh-tholes than
I like to admit, certainly more than I want to.

And, let me add a couple of more to the list. :
1. It seems that no two of HDs are laid out the same. I often
find myself wandering around, wasting time looking for areas that are
supposed to be somewhere else.
2. For the last couple of months, the store on Hwy. 290 has taken
up a couple of complete rows of parking by warehousing their crates of
surplus tile out in the parking lot. It's hard enough parking n F250
Crew Cab with an eight foot bed; now I'm pushed even further away from
the building.
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

Upscale

"Ted" wrote in message
The one near me parks their delivery tractor trailer in front of the store
most of time making it hard for people to drive around the parking lot.

They
also leave their shopping carts all over the parking lot taking up parking
spaces.

Life's tough. I've got an easy fix for you though. Park in a handicapped
parking space. There, problem fixed. Glad I could help.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Ted" wrote in message
. They
also leave their shopping carts all over the parking lot taking up parking
spaces.

I've never seen store employees spreading the carts around. I guess they
want to make it easier for you to find one.

Ted

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Ted" wrote in message
. They
also leave their shopping carts all over the parking lot taking up

parking
spaces.

I've never seen store employees spreading the carts around. I guess they
want to make it easier for you to find one.

By leave the shopping carts, I mean they don't bring them back into the
store. If a customer wants to use one, they have to get one from the parking
lot. I have complained about it a few times, but nothing has changed.

That, along with not being able to fine people to help me, most of the
registers not being used with long lines at the few that are open is why I
go to Ace hardware instead if I can get what I need there.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Ted" wrote in message
By leave the shopping carts, I mean they don't bring them back into the
store. If a customer wants to use one, they have to get one from the
parking
lot. I have complained about it a few times, but nothing has changed.

Sp what you are blaming the store for is the clod that won't walk 30' to a
cart drop and just leave them around the lot instead. It is not just HD,
but every supermarket in the country that has that problem. Over a year's
time it cost quite a bit to have the kids go out and round them up. It is
built into the pricing.

That, along with not being able to fine people to help me, most of the
registers not being used with long lines at the few that are open is why I
go to Ace hardware instead if I can get what I need there.

Nothing beats voting with your money. I do the same when I can.

Ted

"Ted" wrote in message
By leave the shopping carts, I mean they don't bring them back into the
store. If a customer wants to use one, they have to get one from the
parking
lot. I have complained about it a few times, but nothing has changed.

Sp what you are blaming the store for is the clod that won't walk 30' to a
cart drop and just leave them around the lot instead. It is not just HD,
but every supermarket in the country that has that problem. Over a year's
time it cost quite a bit to have the kids go out and round them up. It is
built into the pricing.

They don't even have a cart drop.

That, along with not being able to fine people to help me, most of the
registers not being used with long lines at the few that are open is why

go to Ace hardware instead if I can get what I need there.

Nothing beats voting with your money. I do the same when I can.

Woody

I guess I'm in the minority.

I never really figured out what was so great about the true old style "mom
and pop" shops any way. I'm old enough to remember them. Some of the things
I remember were poor selection, 20 year old goods, high prices, often as not
a bad attitude from the owner. And god forbid you want to return something.
I remember one 'm and p' shop, where I occaisionally was forced to go into,
where the owner would follow me around the store so making sure I didn't
steal anything. Apparently he did this with every young person at the time.
They have been out of business for 20 years,. Good Riddance!

HD isn't perfect, and there are some smaller (i.e. regional) lumber/hardware
chains which I perfer to shop at, but there is a reason people go to HD to
shop.

Duane Bozarth

Ted wrote:
They don't even have a cart drop.

I don't believe a HD would build a parking lot w/o at least one...
Doug Miller

In article , "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Ted" wrote in message
By leave the shopping carts, I mean they don't bring them back into the
store. If a customer wants to use one, they have to get one from the
parking
lot. I have complained about it a few times, but nothing has changed.

Sp what you are blaming the store for is the clod that won't walk 30' to a
cart drop and just leave them around the lot instead.

The HD store in my neighborhood doesn't _have_ a cart drop. So, yes, I'd blame
the store for the carts that are scattered all over the lot.

--
Regards,

Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:31:02 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Ted" wrote in message
By leave the shopping carts, I mean they don't bring them back into the
store. If a customer wants to use one, they have to get one from the
parking
lot. I have complained about it a few times, but nothing has changed.

Sp what you are blaming the store for is the clod that won't walk 30' to a
cart drop and just leave them around the lot instead. It is not just HD,
but every supermarket in the country that has that problem. Over a year's
time it cost quite a bit to have the kids go out and round them up. It is
built into the pricing.

You know, I used to feel the same way about that and the slovenly habits
of some shoppers. Now, however, it seems that some of the big box stores
make it a 1/2 parking lot hike to the nearest cart drop. At some point,
there is a threshold at which the store is encouraging people to abandon
carts in the parking lot. Just another decrease in available service, this
was originally not a problem because people actually helped one carry stuff
to your car. Then, when the inconvenience of carrying things out was
placed on the consumer, the cart racks were well spaced and convenient.
Now, it appears that the cost of cart racks and associated parking is
making customers do more work on their own by reducing the number and
increasing the distance of the cart racks.

That, along with not being able to fine people to help me, most of the
registers not being used with long lines at the few that are open is why I
go to Ace hardware instead if I can get what I need there.

Nothing beats voting with your money. I do the same when I can.

hylourgos

Hey Doug,

That's a rather high price from the plumber's supply, you might check
around. When I was shopping for 3/4" pipe for clamps, I looked at the
Borg vs Plumbers Supply and encountered a similar problem with the
threading: the Borg threaded for free, but charged over $10 for 10'
sections; the Plumbers Supply charged only $7 for 21' sections. They
would thread, but really didn't want to and charged something like $5
per end.

I learned from the pro shop that (at least here in TN) they sell only
21' sections, and most all their clients have their own threaders, so
their policy makes sense.

My solution was to buy a cheap threading set (Homier sells one for $20
that has 4 sizes and works fine) and save on the pipe by buying 21'
sections at the pro shop. It was a good investment and I've used that
threading set several times since.

Something to consider for next time...?

nospambob

There is an apartment complex several blocks from us bought by HUD (I
heard) and grocery supermarket on the opposite side a few blocks away
and we see people walking groceries home in carts daily, many with
SMALL quantity of groceries! I call the cart number frequently to
report location of carts as a middle school is nearby and kids just
LOVE to play with carts.

wrote:

"Ted" wrote in message
By leave the shopping carts, I mean they don't bring them back into the
store. If a customer wants to use one, they have to get one from the
parking
lot. I have complained about it a few times, but nothing has changed.

Sp what you are blaming the store for is the clod that won't walk 30' to a
cart drop and just leave them around the lot instead. It is not just HD,
but every supermarket in the country that has that problem. Over a year's
time it cost quite a bit to have the kids go out and round them up. It is
built into the pricing.

O D

Strange you say this about supermarkets.
I have always said that if the supermarket charged a $5 deposit on a
cart you will not find ne that is out in the parking lot. You can bet
your bottom dollar if one is left unattended in a lot . someone will
bring it back for the $5. That would help keeping them in the store
where they are needed and then returned for someone else to use. And I
guess it could help the store on ins. when one of those carts run into
your car. Guess with inflation starting to rise, lets make it $10
deposit. If we go much higher there might be hijacking in the lot.