Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:31:02 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Ted" wrote in message
By leave the shopping carts, I mean they don't bring them back into the
store. If a customer wants to use one, they have to get one from the
parking
lot. I have complained about it a few times, but nothing has changed.

Sp what you are blaming the store for is the clod that won't walk 30' to a
cart drop and just leave them around the lot instead. It is not just HD,
but every supermarket in the country that has that problem. Over a year's
time it cost quite a bit to have the kids go out and round them up. It is
built into the pricing.

You know, I used to feel the same way about that and the slovenly habits
of some shoppers. Now, however, it seems that some of the big box stores
make it a 1/2 parking lot hike to the nearest cart drop. At some point,
there is a threshold at which the store is encouraging people to abandon
carts in the parking lot. Just another decrease in available service, this
was originally not a problem because people actually helped one carry stuff
to your car. Then, when the inconvenience of carrying things out was
placed on the consumer, the cart racks were well spaced and convenient.
Now, it appears that the cost of cart racks and associated parking is
making customers do more work on their own by reducing the number and
increasing the distance of the cart racks.

That, along with not being able to fine people to help me, most of the
registers not being used with long lines at the few that are open is why I
go to Ace hardware instead if I can get what I need there.

Nothing beats voting with your money. I do the same when I can.