Chuck

Default Bandsaw Blades

I just got off the phone with Suffolk Machinery. I got their name by
looking through past postings here. I ordered some Timberwolf blades
for my new band saw. I told them that this was my first band saw and
that I knew nothing about selecting blades.

The guy on the phone (Tom) was incredibly helpful. He asked what my
application was, what type of wood, etc. and selected the right blade
for the job and for my saw. He gave lots of helpful advice. I told him
that I needed it by Friday and he was able to take care of that too. I
was pleasantly surprised at how affordable the whole thing was,
shipping and all.

After years of been trained to expect poor service by dealing with the
BORGs, this was a real breath of fresh air. And no, I have no
affiliation with Suffolk, I just think they deserve to get some good
publicity. I am happy to give them my business.

Chuck

Dhakala

Suffolk Machines is well known and loved around here, Chuck. Welcome to
the club!

Tattooed and Dusty

I have found both their phone salesman and the info on their website to
be second to none. They are exceptionally helpful, provide superior
quality bands, and their prices are usually less than other options.
The only downside is having to wait on shipping.

Andrew

Geo

Chuck wrote:
[...]

You will not be disappointed.

jo4hn

Chuck wrote:

[...]

I seldom give an "amen" post, but in the case of Suffolk, I will break
my rule. Amen to all of the above.
j4

Stinky

It's called "Plan ahead". See what you have and how soon you "may"
need it. Order accordingly. Been there, done that and learned.

Stinky

On 12 Jul 2005 11:46:05 -0700, "Tattooed and Dusty"
wrote:

I have found both their phone salesman and the info on their website to
be second to none. They are exceptionally helpful, provide superior
quality bands, and their prices are usually less than other options.
The only downside is having to wait on shipping.

Andrew

Fly-by-Night CC

In article .com,
"Tattooed and Dusty" wrote:

The only downside is having to wait on shipping.

But to be clear for those not familiar with Suffolk's shipping methods,
they mail 'em out by Priority US Mail (2-3 day delivery) and generally
get them to Mr. Zip within a day or so of your order - so order on a
Monday and you'll likely get them by Thursday or Friday (BTW, that's NY
to OR).
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05
George

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news
In article .com,
"Tattooed and Dusty" wrote:

The only downside is having to wait on shipping.

But to be clear for those not familiar with Suffolk's shipping methods,
they mail 'em out by Priority US Mail (2-3 day delivery) and generally
get them to Mr. Zip within a day or so of your order - so order on a
Monday and you'll likely get them by Thursday or Friday (BTW, that's NY
to OR).

I tape the original tag to the last blade of each type, with a red reorder
reminder. Even I seldom ruin more than one blade a week.

Patriarch

"Tattooed and Dusty" wrote:

The only downside is having to wait on shipping.

But to be clear for those not familiar with Suffolk's shipping
methods, they mail 'em out by Priority US Mail (2-3 day delivery) and
generally get them to Mr. Zip within a day or so of your order - so
order on a Monday and you'll likely get them by Thursday or Friday
(BTW, that's NY to OR).

I tape the original tag to the last blade of each type, with a red
reorder reminder. Even I seldom ruin more than one blade a week.

And bandsaw blades _are_ consumables. Not unlike sandpaper or solvents.
Keep spares on hand. Buy then in threes.

BTW, I've currently got a really good, thin kerf 3/4" veneer slicing blade
on my saw. From Hastings Saw, in Rohnert Park, CA. Very tasty price on an
excellent product. Recommended by a well-known Sonoma County, CA
woodworker.

Patriarch
Ken Wentworth

On 12 Jul 2005 11:33:58 -0700, "Dhakala" wrote:

Really? I would not buy it, nor will I accept it even if it's free!
Olsen Pro or Iturra's Promaster are far superior. Furthermore,
you could get a free 218 pages 2005 Catalog from Iturra.

Iturra email or toll free 888-722-7078

Suffolk Machines is well known and loved around here, Chuck. Welcome to
the club!

Dhakala

Ken Wentworth wrote:
On 12 Jul 2005 11:33:58 -0700, "Dhakala" wrote:

Really? I would not buy it, nor will I accept it even if it's free!
Olsen Pro or Iturra's Promaster are far superior. Furthermore,
you could get a free 218 pages 2005 Catalog from Iturra.

Iturra email or toll free 888-722-7078

Thanks for the tip, Ken! I've been looking for a 218 catalog to put
under a short table leg. Most places only have 'em in 200 or 225 pages.

Ken Wentworth

On 16 Jul 2005 19:14:37 -0700, "Dhakala" wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Ken! I've been looking for a 218 catalog to put
under a short table leg. Most places only have 'em in 200 or 225 pages.

You should consider giving up woodworking. I have came across
dummies but none like you.

Bye

Dhakala

Ken Wentworth wrote:
On 16 Jul 2005 19:14:37 -0700, "Dhakala" wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Ken! I've been looking for a 218 catalog to put
under a short table leg. Most places only have 'em in 200 or 225 pages.

You should consider giving up woodworking. I have came across
dummies but none like you.

Bye

sigh Some people gots no sensahumor...

OK, I'll bite: what makes Iturra and Olsen blades so much better than
Suffolk's, in you stiff-necked abrasive opinion?

Patrick Conroy

"Dhakala" wrote in
oups.com:

sigh Some people gots no sensahumor...