Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
CNT

Default "too much" raised panels?

http://members.toast.net/cnt/TV.htm

OK, the link above is a drawing of what I want to make soon. The drawing
is NOT to scale! There are also two real pictures of what I already made
for the kids.

The reason I am showing the pictures of the kid's TV center is to show
how much "plain" wood is exposed around the corners. For the kids, it's
perfectly fine. But, for the living/family room, I want to make it nicer.

The difference between the drawing and the pictures is the drawing has
doors enclosures. The front doors (sliding to hid the doors in sides) is
to cover the TV, VCR, and stereo. The sides will cover VHS, DVD, and
other little junks.

My question is would it be "too much" raised panels if I do raised panels
for the corners (2 front, 2 back and four 45-degree). It would be eight
of ~5" raised panels (see top view, last picture).

I could make the front wider and the 45-degree shorter? That way only 4
sides (2 front and 2 back) would be raised panels and the short would be
small plain 45-degree strip.

I also did a sample of smooth round corner. The problem is how to put
crown molding around it (on top)? With "straights", I could easily put
dental crown molding on it.

Any suggestions? Pictures? Plans? Drawings?

Chuck

Router Speed for Raised Panels Jeff and Jennifer Cook Woodworking 1 June 5th 05 01:57 PM
router and raised panels ?s habbi Woodworking 13 May 22nd 05 04:15 PM
raised panels (again) CNT Woodworking 8 May 21st 05 04:29 PM
Raised Panels CNT Woodworking 12 May 5th 05 04:30 PM
Router table for raised panels David C. Yale Woodworking 2 March 9th 04 03:34 AM