bf

CNT wrote:

My question is would it be "too much" raised panels if I do raised panels
for the corners (2 front, 2 back and four 45-degree). It would be eight
of ~5" raised panels (see top view, last picture).

I'm far from being the expert. However, when you make a raised panel,
aren't the rails and styles typically 2.25 inches wide (that's what I
use)..
doesn't leave much room for a panel if the whole thing is 5" wide.
That was a design problem I had when doing my new fireplace mantel. I
wanted to do raised panels on either side of the fireplace.. anyhow, I
did some mock ups, and it really didn't look good until the unit
(including styles) was about 12" wide.