Delbert Freeman

Default Jointer

I am looking to upgrade my jointer and having been married to a
"Downeaster Scott" for 41 years, am looking for the biggest bang for the
buck. I came across a

CT-60L Sunhill 6" x 52" Long Bed Jointer with Spiral Knife Cutterhead

For $515.00 + $114.49 s/h at Amazon.com

What do you know of the Sunhill equipment?

Thanks

Deb

Don't waste your time with Sunhill. They'll promise you shipment in X
weeks where X usually equals 2 or 3 only to requote you another X weeks
after that time has expired. I came to wonder whether or not they
actually sell machinery or just have an internet store as a front for
something else..... Ok, well, people actually do own Sunhill
machinery, so that's not the case. Those that do have seemingly been
happy. But feedback is fairly limited.

Doug

Check out the Yorkcraft 6" jointer sold by Wilke machines. It sells
for aroung $339.oo. I've had one for about a year and love it, the
best value in my shop. Do a google search for it in this group and you
will see that others feel the same way (that's what I did before I
bought mine). By the way, the machine is the same as the Delta 6"
model: I mean literally the same, made in the same factory and
everything.

Good luck

Delbert Freeman wrote:
I am looking to upgrade my jointer and having been married to a
"Downeaster Scott" for 41 years, am looking for the biggest bang for the
buck. I came across a

CT-60L Sunhill 6" x 52" Long Bed Jointer with Spiral Knife Cutterhead

For $515.00 + $114.49 s/h at Amazon.com

What do you know of the Sunhill equipment?

Thanks

Deb

arw01

Watch the local city papers, there was just an 8" jet in mine for
$450.00. I picked up a 8" craftsman profession never assembled for
$405 off ebay and had a couple of work associates pick it up, hold it
for a trucking friend, and bring it to my town for nothing.

Alan

I also have the Yorkcraft 6". Father's day gift. I just put it
together but still need to align it. Fit and finish is good.

Doug,

I thought you were joking about being the same as the Delta. YOU ARE
RIGHT. I pulled up the Delta manual and even the some of the pictures
are the same. The Delta manual appears to have a better push stick
plan though.

The price was as Doug said $339. I am about an hour from York, PA so I
drove up and picked mine up. (I didn't really pick it up, its about
280lbs.).

As I said, I haven't used it yet, but through the assembly I think I
got a good deal.

David