AL

Default Polish or Wax lacquered furniture

How do you care for lacquered rosewod art eco table? Have been using
lemon oil-should I wax or oil and what brand-thanks AL

Baron

Clean the table with some mineral spirits or paint thinner to remove the
oils already applied. Then wax it with furniture paste wax. The thinnest
possible film is all that is needed.

Good Luck.

"AL" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do you care for lacquered rosewod art eco table? Have been using
lemon oil-should I wax or oil and what brand-thanks AL

George

"Baron" wrote in message
news:c3fca$42c343aa$cf672f3e$27174@allthenewsgroup s.com...
Clean the table with some mineral spirits or paint thinner to remove

the
oils already applied. Then wax it with furniture paste wax. The thinnest
possible film is all that is needed.

Good Luck.

"AL" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do you care for lacquered rosewod art eco table? Have been using
lemon oil-should I wax or oil and what brand-thanks AL

Put the wax on. Oil is wax lite for practical purposes, and its solvent has
long since evaporated.

Harder waxes might be a bit more durable in use.

Chris Melanson

Modern lacquers require only a little soap in your water to clean them.
When you use any type of wax oil or spray wax all you are doing is building
up layers of wax that will attract dirt and end up with a bunch of grime
that eventually will build up in all the nooks and crannies of your
furniture.

Chris Melanson

"AL" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do you care for lacquered rosewod art eco table? Have been using
lemon oil-should I wax or oil and what brand-thanks AL

Baron

"George" wrote in message

"Baron" wrote in message
news:c3fca$42c343aa$cf672f3e$27174@allthenewsgroup s.com...
Clean the table with some mineral spirits or paint thinner to remove

the
oils already applied. Then wax it with furniture paste wax. The

thinnest
possible film is all that is needed.

Good Luck.

"AL" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do you care for lacquered rosewod art eco table? Have been using
lemon oil-should I wax or oil and what brand-thanks AL

Put the wax on. Oil is wax lite for practical purposes, and its solvent

has
long since evaporated.

Harder waxes might be a bit more durable in use.

I'm figuring to remove any dirt trapped in any residual oil and to help
remove the silicones. While the presence of silicones won't be a problem
for waxing, it will be a problem if the table is to be refinished in the
future.

George

"Baron" wrote in message
news:79719$42c46b95$cf672f65$3243@allthenewsgroups .com...

I'm figuring to remove any dirt trapped in any residual oil and to

help
remove the silicones. While the presence of silicones won't be a problem
for waxing, it will be a problem if the table is to be refinished in the
future.

Wipe off residual oil. If it's non-curing, it'll wipe. If it's curing,
thinner won't do a thing.

Wash with detergent to remove silicones. Solvents will just spread 'em.

Baron

"George" wrote in message

"Baron" wrote in message
news:79719$42c46b95$cf672f65$3243@allthenewsgroups .com...

I'm figuring to remove any dirt trapped in any residual oil and to

help
remove the silicones. While the presence of silicones won't be a

problem
for waxing, it will be a problem if the table is to be refinished in the
future.

Wipe off residual oil. If it's non-curing, it'll wipe. If it's curing,
thinner won't do a thing.

Wash with detergent to remove silicones. Solvents will just spread 'em.

I agree with you but as long as you use lots of fresh rags, solvents
work just fine.