Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

dmn

Default Very BAD experience with Levitz Furniture; what to do?

Levitz bad service.
The Levitz's shipping, delivery, and customer service doing a terrible
job. After I purchased a new house I went to Levitz that located in
king of Prussia for all my furniture. I bought 2 coffee tables, 1 set
of leather sofa, 1 dining table, 8 chairs, 2 pieces set of China
cabinet. The dining table arrived with scratches that need to be
replaced and the China cabinet arrived missing the top piece. One month
later, the China top cabinet arrived but broken that need to be
replaced. Another month passed by, the defected dining table exchanged
but the delivery men forgot the Top piece of the China cabinet. Another
delivery date setup for the missing top cabinet one month later. The
Levitz called me two times in the week for the delivery time frame on
December 4. I waited the whole day but Levitz's truck never arrived. I
called the customer service and learned that the delivery was canceled
because they found the unit was defected and the replacement will not
available until next year! If Levitz informed me of this cancellation,
I do not wasted a whole day waiting for their truck. If Levitz inspect
the furniture before delivery, I did not received damaged furniture two
times. Instead of appolozied customer for the mistaken, The customer
service person said if customer not satified they will come to get
evething back. For 3 months, I tooks 6 days off from work for thier
deliveried and repaired schedules and $100.00 tips for the delivery men
but I still do not have what I paid for. Levitz will coming to get all
their furniture back in January 19,2005. In addition, any time I call
Levitz I have to wait a 25 minutes or more before I can talk to a real
customer service person. I found more complain about your customer
service on WWW. Levitz is a terrible place to buy furniture, do not
waise your time there.
DMN.
JD wrote:
Levitz is one of the worst places to buy furniture.. I'm not

surprised.

"Lil" wrote in message
om...
Hi All!

Recently bought a couch for my mother from Levitz Furniture in the

San
Francisco Bay Area. The delivery was made on time. However, my

dad
signed off on the couch without really inspecting it. My mom came
home, inspected the couch and found tears in the back of the

couch--at
a visible place. Made my complaint to the customer service
department, and they sent someone out. They wanted to replace the
whole back panel. Not a problem (although my mom felt that this

could
not be fixed and the couch will have to be replaced). Called up

and
asked when they will come by and fix the couch. I was told it

takes 4
weeks to come in--after that we call you to make an appointment.
Well, 2 weeks later, my mom called and said Levitz will exchange

the
couch and they will show up tomorrow (Saturday) morning. On

Friday,
my parents were planning to leave town, but they postponed their

trip
so they could deal with the exchange. On Saturday morning, Levitz
called and said, we need to reschedule for Sunday morning. Now, my
parents really have to cut their weekend plans short.

On Sunday, Levitz showed up, and delivered the couch. My mom made

close inspection of the couch and found some frayed threads at

several
seams. But she thought it might be fixable so she had me sign off

on
it. After delivery people left, she sat down on one side of the
couch. THUNK. This really scared us so we made a closer

inspection
of the couch. We found that the couch was stained and there were
several places where the seams were loose. It looked like it might
have been a floor model.

On Mond;ay, I called up and demanded that Levitz pick up their

couch
and give me my money back. I was told, we'll pick up the couch on
Wednesday. Wednesday came and went and no Levitz pickup. Now I

got
really busy, and decided to give Levitz two weeks to pick up the
couch--my dad's retired so he's home all day long. Two weeks came

and
went and NO LEVITZ PICKUP.

Now totally steamed, I filed a complaint with the BBB. On Tuesday,

got frantic phone calls from my mother, brother, and Levitz to call

arrange for a couch pickup. Since it was a busy day, I did not

check
my messages until way past customer services hours, so I called up
customer service on the following day, and told them that Friday

(two
days later) would be fine. Again, I was told, we'll confirm

tomorrow
(Thursday). Thursday came and went and no Levitz phone call, not

even
a message on the answering machine. Just in case Levitz decided to
show up, my brother took the morning off and waited for them to
show--NO LEVITZ PICKUP. My father and mother also indicated that
Levitz did not show up in the afternoon either.

Today, I just got a letter from the BBB, indicating that they have
closed the file because they got a letter from Levitz indicating

that
they have arranged for a pickup yesterday. I emailed the
representative who's dealing with the case explaining to her that

this
is the sort of stunt they pulled previously.

Is there anything else I can do to return the couch and get my

money
back?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Lil