Dan White

Default Somewhat OT - Final pics of store renovation

Hi folks. I haven't posted here much lately as we finally finished the 5
month renovation of our store, and have been getting the deli business back
off the ground. We did all of the work other than electrical and plumbing
ourselves. I built a nice new counter and installed $4000 worth of butcher
block counter tops. Sorry Larry, but I slathered on the poly! It was an
oil based Sherwin Williams and after curing for a couple of months now it
seems pretty impervious to things like hot coffee containers and various
spills. I actually thought I'd add a layer of carnuba wax to even out the
finish, but haven't had time yet.

I wanted to thank those who helped me with questions about joining counters
and so on. The pics at the link below are mostly "before, during and after"
shots. I have to warn you there are a lot of them!

http://tinyurl.com/dfr9k

Thanks again,
dwhite

Patriarch

"Dan White" wrote in
:

Hi folks. I haven't posted here much lately as we finally finished
the 5 month renovation of our store, and have been getting the deli
business back off the ground. We did all of the work other than
electrical and plumbing ourselves. I built a nice new counter and
installed $4000 worth of butcher block counter tops. Sorry Larry, but
I slathered on the poly! It was an oil based Sherwin Williams and
after curing for a couple of months now it seems pretty impervious to
things like hot coffee containers and various spills. I actually
thought I'd add a layer of carnuba wax to even out the finish, but
haven't had time yet.

I wanted to thank those who helped me with questions about joining
counters and so on. The pics at the link below are mostly "before,
during and after" shots. I have to warn you there are a lot of them!

Thanks for posting these. It's nice to see the results of a project we've
discussed for some months, and given advice on. You did well. Much
success in your endeavor!

The cook wearing the shirt is a nice upgrade, BTW. ;-)

Patriarch
Upscale

"Dan White" wrote in message

I wanted to thank those who helped me with questions about joining

counters
and so on. The pics at the link below are mostly "before, during and

after"
shots. I have to warn you there are a lot of them!

I'd say one of the biggest improvements you made was to brighten up the
place. More lights, lighter paint, it makes a big difference. Looks great.
Good luck with the newly renovated store.

Dan White

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...

Thanks for posting these. It's nice to see the results of a project we've
discussed for some months, and given advice on. You did well. Much
success in your endeavor!

Thank you! It's nice to be done with it, too! Of course there's always
some little thing to finish up on.

dwhite

Dan White

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Dan White" wrote in message

I wanted to thank those who helped me with questions about joining

counters
and so on. The pics at the link below are mostly "before, during and

after"
shots. I have to warn you there are a lot of them!

I'd say one of the biggest improvements you made was to brighten up the
place. More lights, lighter paint, it makes a big difference. Looks great.
Good luck with the newly renovated store.

Thanks! One of the things that doesn't show up in the pics is the smell.
There was about 4" of grease under the building that wafted up into the
place. We got what we could out, and put down 8" of concrete on top...odor
gone.

dwhite

Dan White

"Wilson" wrote in message
link.net...
I'm hungry!
Where is it?

Fairfield, NJ. The Cutting Board Deli & Grill. 10% discount to rec
members!

Thanks,
dwhite

Thermal sto Ian Tracey UK diy 5 April 19th 04 04:04 PM
OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee Gunner Metalworking 562 January 6th 04 07:04 AM
Mythbusters and the surplus store Jim Stewart Metalworking 3 December 28th 03 07:08 AM
Baxi Barcelona with thermal Store Rick Hughes UK diy 5 December 14th 03 03:49 PM
Cylinder v thermal store IMM UK diy 51 August 19th 03 05:30 PM