Bob Schmall

Default FS: P-C 14.4 batteries and charger

The Porter-Cable drill done broke and I've replaced it with a DeWalt, so
I have no use for the two batteries and charger. They're 14.4 and in
good working order, as is the automatic charger. The whole package for
$20 plus shipping.

Bob Schmall

Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:04:38 GMT, Bob Schmall wrote:

The Porter-Cable drill done broke and I've replaced it with a DeWalt, so
I have no use for the two batteries and charger. They're 14.4 and in
good working order, as is the automatic charger. The whole package for
$20 plus shipping.

Bob Schmall

What model PC do you have? IIRC, somewhere along the line, the mountings
changed. I have one bought in 1999, Model PC 8740; if that's what you've
got, I'm interested.

Bob Schmall

Mark & Juanita wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:04:38 GMT, Bob Schmall wrote:

The Porter-Cable drill done broke and I've replaced it with a DeWalt, so
I have no use for the two batteries and charger. They're 14.4 and in
good working order, as is the automatic charger. The whole package for
$20 plus shipping.

Bob Schmall

What model PC do you have? IIRC, somewhere along the line, the mountings
changed. I have one bought in 1999, Model PC 8740; if that's what you've
got, I'm interested.

It's a model 878 and someone else expressed an interest yesterday. If
that deal falls through and you still want it, you got it. I'll keep you
posted.

Bob
Bob Schmall

Mark & Juanita wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:04:38 GMT, Bob Schmall wrote:

The Porter-Cable drill done broke and I've replaced it with a DeWalt, so
I have no use for the two batteries and charger. They're 14.4 and in
good working order, as is the automatic charger. The whole package for
$20 plus shipping.

Bob Schmall

What model PC do you have? IIRC, somewhere along the line, the mountings
changed. I have one bought in 1999, Model PC 8740; if that's what you've
got, I'm interested.

The batteries are #8723. If they work for you, you got 'em.

Bob

Mark & Juanita

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:16:52 GMT, Bob Schmall wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:04:38 GMT, Bob Schmall wrote:

The Porter-Cable drill done broke and I've replaced it with a DeWalt, so
I have no use for the two batteries and charger. They're 14.4 and in
good working order, as is the automatic charger. The whole package for
$20 plus shipping.

Bob Schmall

What model PC do you have? IIRC, somewhere along the line, the mountings
changed. I have one bought in 1999, Model PC 8740; if that's what you've
got, I'm interested.

The batteries are #8723. If they work for you, you got 'em.

Bob

Rats! Mine are #8720, the charger is #8621. Took a look on Amazon (first
google hit), your's look like:
http://www.portercable.com/index.asp?e=3399&p=2890
which appear to be a slide connector. Mine are a bayonet connector and
look like:
http://doityourself.com/store/6047229.htm

Thanks for the offer, would have been great to get the PC drill working
again for a reasonable price.

Bob Schmall

Mark & Juanita wrote:

[...]

Yopu want my drill, free gratis? The clutch is shot but you might be
able to repair it. I'll throw it in with the batteries and charger, all
for the same low, low price.

Bob
Mark & Juanita

Mark & Juanita wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass on that, I've got enough other
projects backed up, I know I wouldn't get to another repair project for
quite a while. I had replaced the PC with a Milwaukee (which, by the way,
I like the drill, but am not happy with how those batteries have held up,
less than 2 years old and they don't hold charge (attached or not) for very
long). Was just looking at the possibility of resurrecting the PC for the
purposes of being able to avoid changing bits.

Again, thanks. There has got to be someone out there who can use
the batteries and charger.

Mark