Default used cabinet saw in Dallas area

I am looking for a used cabinet saw to replace my old Craftsman and I
wanted to know if anyone knew someone who had one that is not used
anymore. I am looking for a 1 phase 220 volt 10' saw in good shape with
or without a motor. I looked at Ebay and didnt find anything there and
I have seen a couple of online auctions but I did not find anything
local either. I cannot afford a new unisaw or something similar so I
was trying to find something used in the Dallas Texas area. I have
called a few of the local cabinet/woodworking shops to see if they may
have an old table saw but nothing yet so I thought that it could not
hurt to post a message and see if anyone responds.
Thanks,
Mike Francis

James \Cubby\ Culbertson

I can't help you finding a used saw in your area. What sort of budget are
you looking at? You might want to take a look at the Grizzly 1023 series.
A lot of saw for the price.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking for a used cabinet saw to replace my old Craftsman and I
wanted to know if anyone knew someone who had one that is not used
anymore. I am looking for a 1 phase 220 volt 10' saw in good shape with
or without a motor. I looked at Ebay and didnt find anything there and
I have seen a couple of online auctions but I did not find anything
local either. I cannot afford a new unisaw or something similar so I
was trying to find something used in the Dallas Texas area. I have
called a few of the local cabinet/woodworking shops to see if they may
have an old table saw but nothing yet so I thought that it could not
hurt to post a message and see if anyone responds.
Thanks,
Mike Francis

I have looked at the Grizzly saw and yes it is good, my friend has one
and he has no complaints about it generally except the quality of fit
and finish could be better. I am hoping to find an older unisaw or
equivalent for around 750-1000 depending on age, condition, motor
etc... if not I will look at buying the Grizzly. I really expected to
locate a saw in a city as big as Dallas but I guess they are like gold!
Mike Francis

James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Yeah, I found the same to be true in Albuquerque. Seems the only used saws
are either snapped up at ungodly prices or are grabbed before they ever get
publicized. I finally broke down and went with the 1023SL.
Good Luck!!!
Cheers,
cc

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have looked at the Grizzly saw and yes it is good, my friend has one
and he has no complaints about it generally except the quality of fit
and finish could be better. I am hoping to find an older unisaw or
equivalent for around 750-1000 depending on age, condition, motor
etc... if not I will look at buying the Grizzly. I really expected to
locate a saw in a city as big as Dallas but I guess they are like gold!
Mike Francis

Be sure to check the Dallas Morning News classifieds under "Tools and
Shop Equipment". I frequently see Unisaws and Generals available. Don't
know about pricing though. I'm sure they move VERY fast once the ad
goes in so you'll want to check every morning.

Tom

MakaNui

Hey Mike, it's been my experience that the sooner you go out and take
delivery of a brandy new saw the sooner the used ones will start to show up
in the classifieds ;-)
Also the more you spend on your brand new saw the better the classified
deals will be....
Just an observation on my end......

Craig

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have looked at the Grizzly saw and yes it is good, my friend has one
and he has no complaints about it generally except the quality of fit
and finish could be better. I am hoping to find an older unisaw or
equivalent for around 750-1000 depending on age, condition, motor
etc... if not I will look at buying the Grizzly. I really expected to
locate a saw in a city as big as Dallas but I guess they are like gold!
Mike Francis

Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:55:28 -1000, "MakaNui"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

.... snip
etc... if not I will look at buying the Grizzly. I really expected to
locate a saw in a city as big as Dallas but I guess they are like gold!
Mike Francis

Hey Mike, it's been my experience that the sooner you go out and take
delivery of a brandy new saw the sooner the used ones will start to show up
in the classifieds ;-)
Also the more you spend on your brand new saw the better the classified
deals will be....
Just an observation on my end......

Is that a corollary to the rule that the day after you buy stock, the
price will start going down; but if you don't buy, the price will continue
to climb?

Not that anything like that has ever happened to me of course, I've just
umm, heard about it -- yeah, that's it. ;-)