Hax Planx

Default Bosch 1590EVS jigsaw problem...or not?

Hauled my Bosch 1590 jigsaw over to my brother's house to help him with
some home improvement projects and when I went to use it--nothing.
Tried a different outlet, still nothing. Saw the reflection of what was
evidently some sort of spark or arcing on the blade. Don't know where
it was coming from. No electrical smell. I put it back in my truck,
expecting to return it today, but when I plugged it in here, it worked
normally. Any ideas what was going on? I talked to Bosch and
registered it for their three year warranty. It's less than two months
old and I could probably insist on an exchange, but I'd rather not
bother with it if I don't need to.
Leon

"Hax Planx" wrote in message
.net...
Hauled my Bosch 1590 jigsaw over to my brother's house to help him with
some home improvement projects and when I went to use it--nothing.
Tried a different outlet, still nothing. Saw the reflection of what was
evidently some sort of spark or arcing on the blade. Don't know where
it was coming from. No electrical smell. I put it back in my truck,
expecting to return it today, but when I plugged it in here, it worked
normally. Any ideas what was going on? I talked to Bosch and
registered it for their three year warranty. It's less than two months
old and I could probably insist on an exchange, but I'd rather not
bother with it if I don't need to.

Did you by any chance plug another tool in to any of the outlets to see if
they would run? Perhaps both outlets were not working and especially if
they were on the same circuit.

John B

Hax Planx wrote:
Hauled my Bosch 1590 jigsaw over to my brother's house to help him with
some home improvement projects and when I went to use it--nothing.
Tried a different outlet, still nothing. Saw the reflection of what was
evidently some sort of spark or arcing on the blade. Don't know where
it was coming from. No electrical smell. I put it back in my truck,
expecting to return it today, but when I plugged it in here, it worked
normally. Any ideas what was going on? I talked to Bosch and
registered it for their three year warranty. It's less than two months
old and I could probably insist on an exchange, but I'd rather not
bother with it if I don't need to.

I had a similar problem many years ago, when I took my table saw to do a
job at a youth club. Took it of the trailer, plugged it in, set it up,
turned it on, blade twitched then nothing.Tried a different extension
cord, nothing. Tried another outlet, nothing. Dropped the motor from the
saw, took it apart, cleaned it, checked all connections, switches,
resets etc., plugged it in, NOTHING. Gave up and went home.
The answer,
The club had those quick blow safety fuses and the start-up draw from
the motor was just over their limit and so they would give up the ghost.
We had to replace three fuses. Purchased one standard fuse, did the job
on that outlet and then replaced it with a safety one.
Probably not your problem, but thought this may save someone some
trouble one day.
All the best
John
Hax Planx

Leon says...

Did you by any chance plug another tool in to any of the outlets to see if
they would run? Perhaps both outlets were not working and especially if
they were on the same circuit.

Nah, I just used a cordless circular saw instead. It could have just
been bad luck and two bad outlets. One was an outside receptacle and
the other was in a small workshop with possibly too much hooked up to it
and an open breaker. I guess I'll find out over the long haul, since it
has a three year warranty.

Marantz sr-63 problem Kevin Van Sant Electronics Repair 11 March 19th 07 10:54 AM
Bosch Logi XX dishwasher problem nick smith UK diy 1 June 6th 05 12:30 PM
Icemaker problem Andy Home Repair 12 April 16th 05 03:05 PM
new Worcester Bosch install / boiler problem Colin Wilson UK diy 2 April 2nd 04 08:56 PM
problem seamus Electronics Repair 1 July 25th 03 02:50 AM