Hax Planx

Default Bosch 1590EVS jigsaw problem...or not?

Hauled my Bosch 1590 jigsaw over to my brother's house to help him with
some home improvement projects and when I went to use it--nothing.
Tried a different outlet, still nothing. Saw the reflection of what was
evidently some sort of spark or arcing on the blade. Don't know where
it was coming from. No electrical smell. I put it back in my truck,
expecting to return it today, but when I plugged it in here, it worked
normally. Any ideas what was going on? I talked to Bosch and
registered it for their three year warranty. It's less than two months
old and I could probably insist on an exchange, but I'd rather not
bother with it if I don't need to.