Groggy

Default Sometimes we get lucky

A group of us were offered some cheap timber, this timber was shipped
over 1,000 miles.

http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/temp/wood2.jpg
http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/temp/wood3.jpg

Timber and shipping came to US$134

meep! meep!

Groggy

Groggy

The dog doesn't look impressed - is his basket under that lot?

Her 'squeaky toy' was kicked under it so she'd stay there for the
photo, no sense of humour that dog...
Robatoy

In article ,
Groggy wrote:

A group of us were offered some cheap timber, this timber was shipped
over 1,000 miles.

http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/temp/wood2.jpg
http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/temp/wood3.jpg

Timber and shipping came to US$134

meep! meep!

Groggy

Somebody's gonna be really miffed when he finds his dunny missing in the
morning.
But looking at the timber, it was overbuilt anyway.

Goodonya...you suck (in a counter-rotating fashion)

Good doggy

Got to ask: what kinda wood izzit?
Groggy

Got to ask: what kinda wood izzit?

There is quite a mixture.
Spotted Gum, Coastal Blackbutt, New England Blackbutt, White mahogany,
White stringybark, Flooded Gum (Rose Gum), Sydney blue Gum, Grey box,
Red ironbark, Grey ironbark, red mahogany, forest red gum, Grey gum (v
red timber), Bloodwood and Brushbox.

I haven't sifted through it all yet.

jo4hn

Groggy wrote:
Got to ask: what kinda wood izzit?

There is quite a mixture.
Spotted Gum, Coastal Blackbutt, New England Blackbutt, White mahogany,
White stringybark, Flooded Gum (Rose Gum), Sydney blue Gum, Grey box,
Red ironbark, Grey ironbark, red mahogany, forest red gum, Grey gum (v
red timber), Bloodwood and Brushbox.

I haven't sifted through it all yet.

If there had been some Jummywood in there, you would have really sucked.
;-)

Nice score.
mahalo,
jo4hn
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 07:11:03 GMT, the opaque Groggy
spake:

A group of us were offered some cheap timber, this timber was shipped
over 1,000 miles.

http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/temp/wood2.jpg
http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/temp/wood3.jpg

Couple cubes worth? Not bad. What all do you have there? The stuff in
the back looks too light to be jarrah; it resembles our redwood.

Timber and shipping came to US$134

YOU SUCK!

meep! meep!

Expect multiple cyclones to form near you.

-- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --
toller

How did you manage that?
Freight alone should have been $1,000.

mike hide

"Groggy" wrote in message
A group of us were offered some cheap timber, this timber was shipped
over 1,000 miles.

http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/temp/wood2.jpg
http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/temp/wood3.jpg

Timber and shipping came to US$134

meep! meep!

Groggy

Actually the little dog is saying in dog language of course ,"just look at
this bunch of crap taking up my space in the garage" .mjh

Groggy

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:38:16 GMT, "toller" wrote:

How did you manage that?
Freight alone should have been $1,000.

A number of us had it bulk shipped to a single point where one of us
has a forklift and storage space. We then drove there in a convoy of
pickups, trucks, unicycles or whatever we could and took it to our
homes.

We are forming a kind of e-cooperative to get better deals, it hasn't
been spoken overtly, but that is effectively what is happening. We
acquired a bunch of Bessey clamps from LV in a similar manner. I think
we imported about 3 pallets of clamps.

Groggy

Groggy

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:26:52 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 07:11:03 GMT, the opaque Groggy
spake:

A group of us were offered some cheap timber, this timber was shipped
over 1,000 miles.

http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/temp/wood2.jpg
http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/temp/wood3.jpg

Couple cubes worth? Not bad. What all do you have there? The stuff in
the back looks too light to be jarrah; it resembles our redwood.

Forest red gum (I think)

Timber and shipping came to US$134

YOU SUCK!

dankee!

meep! meep!

Expect multiple cyclones to form near you.

;-)
Dave in Fairfax

Groggy wrote:
A number of us had it bulk shipped to a single point where one of us
has a forklift and storage space. We then drove there in a convoy of
pickups, trucks, unicycles or whatever we could and took it to our
homes.

We are forming a kind of e-cooperative to get better deals, it hasn't
been spoken overtly, but that is effectively what is happening. We
acquired a bunch of Bessey clamps from LV in a similar manner. I think
we imported about 3 pallets of clamps.

Glad to see that it's still working out for you. I thought that it was
great when you worked out the deal on the Besseys with Robin. It's even
better to see it maturing into an ongoing community effort. I love it
when a plan comes togetherr.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work