Dave in Fairfax

Default Ping: Doug Miller

I had a major computer crash and lost my HD. Unfortunately my
controller was going when I made my backups so they're worthless. I
tried sending to your auto-responder to get the latest troll update, but
didn't get a response. Have you stopped the dat file updates?

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Doug Miller

In article , reply-to, disabled, 2, stop, spam wrote:
I had a major computer crash and lost my HD. Unfortunately my
controller was going when I made my backups so they're worthless. I
tried sending to your auto-responder to get the latest troll update, but
didn't get a response. Have you stopped the dat file updates?

Not intentionally, at any rate... I just tested it, and I got a response - and
the autoresponder's inbox doesn't show that it has received anything from you.

Try again, making sure you have the correct address
filterinfo at milmac dot com
If you still have a problem, email me at
alphageek at milmac dot com
and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

--
Regards,

Dave in Fairfax

Doug Miller wrote:
Not intentionally, at any rate... I just tested it, and I got a response - and
the autoresponder's inbox doesn't show that it has received anything from you.
Try again, making sure you have the correct address
filterinfo at milmac dot com
If you still have a problem, email me at
alphageek at milmac dot com
and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

Those are the addys that I used, I sent a note to your alpha addy as
well. I don't know why they didn't go through. I'll try again in a
couple of minutes.

Thanks,
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.patinatools.com
Doug Miller

Doug Miller wrote:
Not intentionally, at any rate... I just tested it, and I got a response -

and
the autoresponder's inbox doesn't show that it has received anything from

you.
Try again, making sure you have the correct address
filterinfo at milmac dot com
If you still have a problem, email me at
alphageek at milmac dot com
and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

Those are the addys that I used, I sent a note to your alpha addy as
well. I don't know why they didn't go through. I'll try again in a
couple of minutes.

I didn't get that one either. I am receiving mail from other sources, so I
suspect the problem may be at your end.

--
Regards,

Dave in Fairfax

Doug Miller wrote:
I didn't get that one either. I am receiving mail from other sources, so I
suspect the problem may be at your end.

How odd. I can send/receive with the other people withougt any
problems. I just sent it from the webmail facility on ATt rather than
from my browser's e-mail. Let's see if that works. If it doesn't I'll
try from a different ISP. Thanks for helping me work this out.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.patinatools.com

Doug Miller

Doug Miller wrote:
I didn't get that one either. I am receiving mail from other sources, so I
suspect the problem may be at your end.

How odd. I can send/receive with the other people withougt any
problems. I just sent it from the webmail facility on ATt rather than
from my browser's e-mail. Let's see if that works. If it doesn't I'll
try from a different ISP. Thanks for helping me work this out.

Ahhh, now I see the trouble...

Your ISP is rejecting the autoresponse, because it thinks that *my* ISP is a
spammer. I got the following in my inbox:
=============================
This message is from the mail server at host adamant.cnchost.com.

Your message could not be delivered to one or more
recipients. It is attached below.

YourRealEmailAddr: host gateway2.att.net[12.102.240.23] said:
550-207.155.248.19 blocked by blacklist.mail.ops.worldnet.att.net. 550
Blocked for abuse. Please contact the administrator of your ISP or
sending
mail service. (in reply to MAIL FROM command)
=============================

I'll follow up with my ISP to see if they can shed some light on this. I sent
you an email from my regular account, and haven't received a rejection notice
yet - let me know if it comes through.

--
Regards,

Tabletop Clip or Pocket Screw or Miller Dowel Rolling Thunder Woodworking 6 January 25th 05 06:15 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
new box making book by Doug lucky1 Woodworking 0 March 27th 04 01:17 AM
Question on Miller Spot welder tips Roy Metalworking 2 January 19th 04 03:00 AM
re Doug Miller dave Woodworking 4 January 5th 04 10:12 PM