J&KCopeland

Default Location Help Requested...

I will soon (hopefully) be building a new shop, and I have an idea, I'd like
to implement.

Remember those old typing desks? Every office had the secretary's desk with
a type of swing arm that would allow the typewriter to be pushed down and
then slide inside the desk.

I'd like to locate some of those "arms" if possible. My idea is to use them
to allow storage of benchgrinder, buffers, (maybe even the dovetail jig!!)
inside the cabinets, and then swing them out and up, as required.

Anyone have any guesses where I can find them?

James...
Who is not even sure they'd work, but seems worth a try...

J&KCopeland wrote:
I will soon (hopefully) be building a new shop, and I have an idea, I'd like
to implement.

Remember those old typing desks? Every office had the secretary's desk with
a type of swing arm that would allow the typewriter to be pushed down and
then slide inside the desk.

I'd like to locate some of those "arms" if possible. My idea is to use them
to allow storage of benchgrinder, buffers, (maybe even the dovetail jig!!)
inside the cabinets, and then swing them out and up, as required.

Anyone have any guesses where I can find them?

James...
Who is not even sure they'd work, but seems worth a try...

They make them for mixers/other kitchen machines. If memory serves,
they're good for 50 lbs or so and can be gotten at Rockler

J&KCopeland

wrote in message
oups.com...

J&KCopeland wrote:
[...]

Bingo! Believe it or not, I cruised Rockler, but I was in office hardware;
I never thought about kitchen mixers. That's exactly what I was looking
for.....

BTW, they're rated up to sixty pounds and that should handle the equipment
just fine.

Thanks....
James....
James...

mac davis

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 03:19:37 GMT, "J&KCopeland" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

J&KCopeland wrote:
[...]

if that doesn't work.. try a used office equipment place... on the west coast,
one example would be a chain called "repo depot"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing