charlie b

Default Normites, Neanders and A Bridge to Unification

The chasm between the Normites (the followers of Norma Abrahms and his
Tailed Beasts) and the Neanders (the followers of Roy Underhill and his
Primitive Hand Tools) is a wide one, with animosity between these two
camps often disturbing the otherwise tranquil and harmonious Wreck. In
an attempt at reconciliation I propose an all encompassing NEW
woodworking religion - The Mosrchgue (MOSque chuRCH synagoGUE) with Les
Nessman as its Prophet (I was considering Dubya as the profit prophet-
what with all his early pratfalls - I’m mean being felled by a peanut!
That rasied the Clutch Meter’s maximum value up at least three notches
above the Gerald Ford mark.) Followers can recongize each other by the
one or more visible bandaids, bandages or surgical tape they wear
proudly on one or more of their appendages.

(For those not familiar with Les Nessman, google “WKRP” or “Les
Nessman”)

Now fess up. With all the sharp tools in the shop and all the sharp
edges on freshly milled stock, to say nothing of burs on metal parts,
sharp corners on band clamps etc. , I’m betting almost anyone who reads
this message has at least one bandaid or the like stuck to some visible
part of their body, or a tan line where one recently hid skin from
sunshine.

It’s time to put aside our differences and unite against the MDFers, the
OSBers and the Melaminites!

What say you!?

Charlie b
raising his bandaged index finger - proudly
Mike in Arkansas

My door is always open

Mark and Kim Smith

charlie b wrote:

[...]

I vote Les. As long as he brings along the young Jennifer Marlowe or
Bailey Quarters!!!!
Dave in Fairfax

charlie b wrote:
The chasm between the Normites (the followers of Norma Abrahms and his
Tailed Beasts) and the Neanders (the followers of Roy Underhill and his
Primitive Hand Tools) is a wide one, with animosity between these two
camps often disturbing the otherwise tranquil and harmonious Wreck. In
an attempt at reconciliation I propose an all encompassing NEW
woodworking religion - The Mosrchgue (MOSque chuRCH synagoGUE) with Les
Nessman as its Prophet (I was considering Dubya as the profit prophet-
what with all his early pratfalls - I’m mean being felled by a peanut!
That rasied the Clutch Meter’s maximum value up at least three notches
above the Gerald Ford mark.) Followers can recongize each other by the
one or more visible bandaids, bandages or surgical tape they wear
proudly on one or more of their appendages.

snip
Now fess up. With all the sharp tools in the shop and all the sharp
edges on freshly milled stock, to say nothing of burs on metal parts,
sharp corners on band clamps etc. , I’m betting almost anyone who reads
this message has at least one bandaid or the like stuck to some visible
part of their body, or a tan line where one recently hid skin from
sunshine.
It’s time to put aside our differences and unite against the MDFers, the
OSBers and the Melaminites!
What say you!?

I didn't know that we were having a state of "animosity". However, I
guess I can join in the stand against the mulched wood crowd.

1 shoulda had stitches and 2 tape-aids.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Robatoy

In article ,
charlie b wrote:

[circumsnippage of an excellent dissertation on what's wrong with the
wreck]

First of all, kudos, charlie, for taking the time to identify the
subtle, yet powerful undercurrent of dismay in this newsgroup. Only a
man with your awareness, talent, and problem solving ability would have
been able to identify this growing dilemma. Fortunately for us, it's
still a young dilemma, so it didn't grow horns yet. *Wipes brows* we
were made aware just in the nick of time.

What say you!?

Well, as there is only one way that I know on how to approach a problem,
I will try to explain the procedure as I have been taught. Our
Canuckistani parliament runs on that very same bundle of methods, surely
it will suffice in doing the job here.
First, run the idea up the flagpole and see who salutes.
Second, float a trial balloon (approved models only).
Third, cast out a lure and see who nibbles.
At the end of the day, you might have enough people to form a committee
to see if they can create a Royal Commission, before a steering
committee can suggest a task-force. The newly created panel can then,
but only then, suggest what we will have for lunch. A napkin sketch, a
few pints of brew, a dart-game, and voila! A solution! The Mosrchgue
lives!
Now for the recruitment of a few fresh pink spongy minds.
Offer them a position on the board in exchange for a campaign
contribution....I know, I know, sounds like a new, radical idea, but
let's try it anyway.
Then, we have a general meeting. (Don't sit too close to those
Neanderthals, they have those big flat pencils in their pockets and
they're not afraid to use them.) The cordless crowd will be segregated
also. Section 4, Aisle #3 is designated for the ungrounded ABS/PVC Dust
collect crowd (they all seem to have a death-wish anyway.)
We will then pass around a form with multiple answers for each question.
All will have a check-box which says : "No, Sir, I don't like it."
The guy with the fewest drool-marks, scribbles and coffee stains on his
form gets the job as Grand Toolbah!

Simple, really.

Robatoy

In article ,
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

I vote Les. As long as he brings along the young Jennifer Marlowe or
Bailey Quarters!!!

Gawd, YES! Bailey Quarters

*bites knuckles*

That was a sexually charged character.

I had forgotten about her...how was this possible? Early senility?
WillR

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
charlie b wrote:

[...]

Very good.

What he didn't explain is that this is the "Committee Lite" version of
getting something done here -- but if anyone thinks we need industrial
strength...

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
WillR

charlie b wrote:
The chasm between the Normites (the followers of Norma Abrahms and his
Tailed Beasts) and the Neanders (the followers of Roy Underhill and his
Primitive Hand Tools) is a wide one, with animosity between these two
camps often disturbing the otherwise tranquil and harmonious Wreck. In
an attempt at reconciliation I propose an all encompassing NEW
woodworking religion - The Mosrchgue (MOSque chuRCH synagoGUE)

Can we add staining cherry to one of the rituals -- say the baptism
service...???

Anyway -- I need to attain a higher plane here so I must go.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
John Thomas

charlie b wrote in
:

What say you!?

Charlie b
raising his bandaged index finger - proudly

As God is my witness - I thought turkeys could fly.

JT. No bandaid today, but would gladly wear one tomorrow ...
Bruce Barnett

charlie b writes:

What say you!?

I say Les is More.

LRod

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:30:46 -0400, Robatoy
wrote:

In article ,
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

I vote Les. As long as he brings along the young Jennifer Marlowe or
Bailey Quarters!!!

Gawd, YES! Bailey Quarters

*bites knuckles*

That was a sexually charged character.

I had forgotten about her...how was this possible? Early senility?

YES, indeed. There are two kinds of people: Gingers and Mary Anns. I'm
a Mary Ann. But there are also two kinds of people: Jennifers and
Baileys. I am most definitely a Bailey. I really, REALLY miss her.

I'd be willing to bet there are not too many Mary Anns who are not
also Baileys. I don't see Mary Anns going for Jennifer. I definitely
don't see Gingers going for Bailey.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

LRod

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:49:50 +0000 (UTC), John Thomas
wrote:

charlie b wrote in
:

What say you!?

Charlie b
raising his bandaged index finger - proudly

As God is my witness - I thought turkeys could fly.

I have said, many times (you can look it up), the all time funniest
line on TV, ever.

Let's have more news and Les Nessman.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Tom Watson

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:58:36 -0700, charlie b
wrote:

What say you!?

Charlie b
raising his bandaged index finger - proudly

Dude:

I think I'm hanging with ya here but I need to ask you one question:

WTF were you smoking when you wrote this?

(i want to get on the same train...)

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)
Tom Watson

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:48:24 +0100, LRod wrote:

YES, indeed. There are two kinds of people: Gingers and Mary Anns. I'm
a Mary Ann. But there are also two kinds of people: Jennifers and
Baileys. I am most definitely a Bailey. I really, REALLY miss her.

I'd be willing to bet there are not too many Mary Anns who are not
also Baileys. I don't see Mary Anns going for Jennifer. I definitely
don't see Gingers going for Bailey.

LRod, you old fart, I'm a Mary Ann guy too - but who is this Bailey
that you are going on about.

(watson - an old fart who feels like he's missing out on something...)

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)
Robatoy

In article ,
Tom Watson wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:48:24 +0100, LRod wrote:

YES, indeed. There are two kinds of people: Gingers and Mary Anns. I'm
a Mary Ann. But there are also two kinds of people: Jennifers and
Baileys. I am most definitely a Bailey. I really, REALLY miss her.

I'd be willing to bet there are not too many Mary Anns who are not
also Baileys. I don't see Mary Anns going for Jennifer. I definitely
don't see Gingers going for Bailey.

LRod, you old fart, I'm a Mary Ann guy too - but who is this Bailey
that you are going on about.

(watson - an old fart who feels like he's missing out on something...)

Tom, Tom, Tom....here you go.... http://www.clothmonkey.com/smithers.htm

Robatoy

In article ,
LRod wrote:

I have said, many times (you can look it up), the all time funniest
line on TV, ever.

Absolutely. A brilliant supernova in comparison to the dim light of the
so-called sitcoms today.
no(SPAM)vasys

Tom Watson wrote:
On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:48:24 +0100, LRod wrote:

LRod, you old fart, I'm a Mary Ann guy too - but who is this Bailey
that you are going on about.

Her real name is Jan Smithers. See:

http://www.clothmonkey.com/smithers.htm

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
B a r r y

charlie b wrote:
The chasm between the Normites (the followers of Norma Abrahms and his
Tailed Beasts) and the Neanders (the followers of Roy Underhill and his
Primitive Hand Tools) is a wide one, with animosity between these two
camps often disturbing the otherwise tranquil and harmonious Wreck.

I've always played both sides of this fence, although not as well on
either side as a true follower.

Where can I fit in?

John Thomas

LRod wrote in
:

I have said, many times (you can look it up), the all time funniest
line on TV, ever.

Let's have more news and Les Nessman.

--
LRod

I saw that episode, first-run. I thought I was going to die. What more
can I say? -- I fully agree with you.

Regards,

JT (also a Mary Ann/Bailey guy ...)
B a r r y

John Thomas wrote:

a /Bailey guy ...)

I'll join that fan club!

Barry

Robatoy

In article ,
B a r r y wrote:

John Thomas wrote:

a /Bailey guy ...)

I'll join that fan club!

Barry

An invoice for your membership dues is in the mail.
Did you want the Susan Sarandon/Bebe Newirth option as well?
jo4hn

John Thomas wrote:
[snip]
Regards,

JT (also a Mary Ann/Bailey guy ...)

Seems like most of us would be happy if any of them would have us.
sincerely,
coot (2nd class)
Patrick Conroy

charlie b wrote in
:

What say you!?

Over my brad nailer!!!

When planes are outlawed, only outlaws will have...

As God is my witness - I thought turkeys could fly.

"Oh, the humanity.....!

B a r r y

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
B a r r y wrote:

John Thomas wrote:

a /Bailey guy ...)

I'll join that fan club!

Barry

An invoice for your membership dues is in the mail.
Did you want the Susan Sarandon/Bebe Newirth option as well?

Just Bailey... G Although Litlith was incredibly sexy.

Barry

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:16:28 -0400, the inscrutable "Tom Royer"
spake:

"charlie b" wrote in message
The chasm between the Normites (the followers of Norma Abrahms and his

I know I'm a bit anal about this, but would people please get Norm's
name right: it's Norm Abram -- not Norma Abrahms

Tailed Beasts) and the Neanders (the followers of Roy Underhill and his

Aw, c'mon, Tom. He got the important name right. Roy Underhill.
What else matters? nomex=ON

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-
Richard Clements

charlie b wrote:

The chasm between the Normites (the followers of Nopitchforks and his
Tailed Beasts) and the Neanders (the followers of Roy Underhill and his
Primitive Hand Tools) is a wide one, with animosity between these two
camps often disturbing the otherwise tranquil and harmonious Wreck. In
an attempt at reconciliation I propose an all encompassing NEW
woodworking religion - The Mosrchgue (MOSque chuRCH synagoGUE) with Les
Nessman as its Prophet (I was considering Dubya as the profit prophet-
what with all his early pratfalls - IÂ’m mean being felled by a peanut!
That rasied the Clutch MeterÂ’s maximum value up at least three notches
above the Gerald Ford mark.) Followers can recongize each other by the
one or more visible bandaids, bandages or surgical tape they wear
proudly on one or more of their appendages.

(For those not familiar with Les Nessman, google “WKRP” or “Les
Nessman”)

Now fess up. With all the sharp tools in the shop and all the sharp
edges on freshly milled stock, to say nothing of burs on metal parts,
sharp corners on band clamps etc. , IÂ’m betting almost anyone who reads
this message has at least one bandaid or the like stuck to some visible
part of their body, or a tan line where one recently hid skin from
sunshine.

ItÂ’s time to put aside our differences and unite against the MDFers, the
OSBers and the Melaminites!

What say you!?

Charlie b
raising his bandaged index finger - proudly

I like both congregations so I don't mind joining up, as long as we get
pitchforks and torches when we go after the MDFers, the OSBers and the
Melaminites! these Heresies must be stopped! and the blasphemers punished!

--
if corn oil is made from corn, and olive oil is made from olives, where dose
baby oil come from?
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 14:10:50 GMT, the inscrutable B a r r y
spake:

charlie b wrote:
The chasm between the Normites (the followers of Norma Abrahms and his
Tailed Beasts) and the Neanders (the followers of Roy Underhill and his
Primitive Hand Tools) is a wide one, with animosity between these two
camps often disturbing the otherwise tranquil and harmonious Wreck.

I've always played both sides of this fence, although not as well on
either side as a true follower.

Where can I fit in?

Right here with the rest of us Normanders. sigh

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-
http://www.diversify.com Wondrous Website Design

LRod

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 17:28:43 GMT, B a r r y
wrote:

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
B a r r y wrote:

John Thomas wrote:

a /Bailey guy ...)

I'll join that fan club!

Barry

An invoice for your membership dues is in the mail.
Did you want the Susan Sarandon/Bebe Newirth option as well?

Just Bailey... G Although Litlith was incredibly sexy.

I thought I was the only one...

Damn, Mary Ann, Bailey, Susan, Liliith...I'm going to have a hard time
getting anything done today.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

LRod

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 00:39:52 GMT, Ba r r y
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 17:38:49 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 14:10:50 GMT, the inscrutable B a r r y
spake:

I've always played both sides of this fence, although not as well on
either side as a true follower.

Where can I fit in?

Right here with the rest of us Normanders. sigh

I'm in!

You?!? You'll be out before the check gets here!

Oops. Sorry, Wrong newsgroup.