WillR

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
charlie b wrote:

[circumsnippage of an excellent dissertation on what's wrong with the
wreck]

First of all, kudos, charlie, for taking the time to identify the
subtle, yet powerful undercurrent of dismay in this newsgroup. Only a
man with your awareness, talent, and problem solving ability would have
been able to identify this growing dilemma. Fortunately for us, it's
still a young dilemma, so it didn't grow horns yet. *Wipes brows* we
were made aware just in the nick of time.

What say you!?

Well, as there is only one way that I know on how to approach a problem,
I will try to explain the procedure as I have been taught. Our
Canuckistani parliament runs on that very same bundle of methods, surely
it will suffice in doing the job here.
First, run the idea up the flagpole and see who salutes.
Second, float a trial balloon (approved models only).
Third, cast out a lure and see who nibbles.
At the end of the day, you might have enough people to form a committee
to see if they can create a Royal Commission, before a steering
committee can suggest a task-force. The newly created panel can then,
but only then, suggest what we will have for lunch. A napkin sketch, a
few pints of brew, a dart-game, and voila! A solution! The Mosrchgue
lives!
Now for the recruitment of a few fresh pink spongy minds.
Offer them a position on the board in exchange for a campaign
contribution....I know, I know, sounds like a new, radical idea, but
let's try it anyway.
Then, we have a general meeting. (Don't sit too close to those
Neanderthals, they have those big flat pencils in their pockets and
they're not afraid to use them.) The cordless crowd will be segregated
also. Section 4, Aisle #3 is designated for the ungrounded ABS/PVC Dust
collect crowd (they all seem to have a death-wish anyway.)
We will then pass around a form with multiple answers for each question.
All will have a check-box which says : "No, Sir, I don't like it."
The guy with the fewest drool-marks, scribbles and coffee stains on his
form gets the job as Grand Toolbah!

Simple, really.

Very good.

What he didn't explain is that this is the "Committee Lite" version of
getting something done here -- but if anyone thinks we need industrial
strength...

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek