Matt Zack

Default how much is a Jet JWCS-10 Table Saw worth ??

Does anyone know how much a Jet JWCS-10 Table Saw might be worth? It is 6
years old and still runs as strong as the first day I got it.
It is rated at 2 HP and is wired for 220V right now. It has the solid cast
iron wings and the Jet fence ( I'm not sure what model fence it is, but it
is original equipment.
I think the last retail price on this saw was $1995.
This saw must be picked up in the Chicago area. It is very heavy.
Matt

Matt Zack

As far as the price goes... I have found another price from a websearch of
$700....
So I am not sure how much to ask for.... any ideas?

sadler

On Wed, 25 May 2005 02:36:25 GMT, "Matt Zack"
wrote:

Does anyone know how much a Jet JWCS-10 Table Saw might be worth? It is 6
years old and still runs as strong as the first day I got it.
It is rated at 2 HP and is wired for 220V right now. It has the solid cast
iron wings and the Jet fence ( I'm not sure what model fence it is, but it
is original equipment.
I think the last retail price on this saw was $1995.
This saw must be picked up in the Chicago area. It is very heavy.
Matt

I can't find any info or manual on your model at the Jet site. Are
you sure of the model #. Is it a contractors or cabinet saw?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Matt Zack" wrote in message
. ..
It is a cabinet saw.

I think the last retail price on this saw was $1995.
This saw must be picked up in the Chicago area. It is very heavy.
Matt

Probably worth 50% to 70% of new, depending on condition.

Stephen M

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"Matt Zack" wrote in message
. ..
It is a cabinet saw.

I think the last retail price on this saw was $1995.
This saw must be picked up in the Chicago area. It is very heavy.
Matt

Probably worth 50% to 70% of new, depending on condition.

I own a JTAS, Jet's current 3hp 10-inch cabinet saw. When I bought mine
about 3 years ago, they were 1300-1800 depending on the configuration (fence
size, router lift option).

The 2HP model is probably less expensive. Since "Jet" does not have the
cache' of "Unisaw", I would figure more like 50%.

I'll bet that $600-$800 is a more realistic number.

-Steve

Charles Spitzer

"Matt Zack" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone know how much a Jet JWCS-10 Table Saw might be worth? It is 6
years old and still runs as strong as the first day I got it.
It is rated at 2 HP and is wired for 220V right now. It has the solid cast
iron wings and the Jet fence ( I'm not sure what model fence it is, but it
is original equipment.
I think the last retail price on this saw was $1995.
This saw must be picked up in the Chicago area. It is very heavy.
Matt

it's worth whatever the market you're in will pay for it.

Nate Perkins

Matt Zack wrote:
As far as the price goes... I have found another price from a websearch of
$700....
So I am not sure how much to ask for.... any ideas?

Hi Matt,

The JWCS-10 is a contractor's saw. I also have the model with the cast
iron wings and JetFence as you describe.

I recall paying around $600-$650 new ... I'd ask $500 for it used,
assuming it's all in good condition.

Regards,
Nate

Matt Zack

Nate - I guess they made a couple of different style using the same model
name.... mine has an enclosed cabinet with a 4" dust port and a 2HP motor. I
think your contractors saw resembles most other contractor saws with the
exception of the cast wings.
My body is blue colored.

"Nate Perkins" wrote in message
ps.com...
Matt Zack wrote:
As far as the price goes... I have found another price from a websearch
of
$700....
So I am not sure how much to ask for.... any ideas?

Hi Matt,

The JWCS-10 is a contractor's saw. I also have the model with the cast
iron wings and JetFence as you describe.

I recall paying around $600-$650 new ... I'd ask $500 for it used,
assuming it's all in good condition.

Regards,
Nate

Bob G.

On Sat, 28 May 2005 18:47:36 GMT, "Matt Zack"
wrote:

Nate - I guess they made a couple of different style using the same model
name.... mine has an enclosed cabinet with a 4" dust port and a 2HP motor. I
think your contractors saw resembles most other contractor saws with the
exception of the cast wings.
My body is blue colored.

=======

Matt:

The Model numbers used by Jet are hard for me to understand also...
what is the actual model number on your saw.... ?
I purchased mine in the late 80's...
JCS-10 also 2 Hp also Blue
it was sold as a "cabinet" saw ...but it really is NOT...
only option I ordered was a Bies fence...

That said... the saw has never given me a bit of trouble

Bob G