Ian

Default Plans wanted

Can anyone recommend me some plans (as I can't find a second hand one for
sale) for 'library steps'.

Basically, I've snatched back my kids play room, and I'm putting a pool
table in (good plan I think, that way they may be able to play / pay their
way through university - they are only 8 and 11 now, but I'm planning
ahead).

Anyway, I've relegated most of the toys up to a couple of shelves around the
room, lowest one at about 2 meters up. So I want a nice looking, wooden,
ladder that I can leave in there - unlike my aluminium DIY ladder I use in
the workshop.

Thoughs?

(PS. I'm british, not that it makes much difference - although it might if
anyone points me at ready made items available in the USA).

Cheers!

Ian N.

Another Phil

Ian:

On the other side of the "Pond" we sometimes use the term 'library ladder'
instead of steps.

But the terms get all messed up, so do you mean something like this:

http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?&c...t=1&&page=2237 ?

or This:
http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?9804 ?

http://www.vandykes.com/product/02003270/ ?

or this
http://www.gcwoodworks.com/onit_woodworking_plan.htm ?

(Aside: The design of this last is credited to USA's founding father Thomas
Jefferson, the writer of the Declaration of Independence. We will
understand someone on your side of the pond claiming the design isn't what
you had in mind.)

HTH
Phil

"Ian" wrote in message
.uk...
Can anyone recommend me some plans (as I can't find a second hand one for
sale) for 'library steps'.

Basically, I've snatched back my kids play room, and I'm putting a pool
table in (good plan I think, that way they may be able to play / pay their
way through university - they are only 8 and 11 now, but I'm planning
ahead).

Anyway, I've relegated most of the toys up to a couple of shelves around
the room, lowest one at about 2 meters up. So I want a nice looking,
wooden, ladder that I can leave in there - unlike my aluminium DIY ladder
I use in the workshop.

Thoughs?

(PS. I'm british, not that it makes much difference - although it might
if anyone points me at ready made items available in the USA).

Cheers!

Ian N.

Wanted rockler miter saw plans jack96620 Woodworking 3 April 10th 05 05:02 AM
Advice wanted on woodworking plans on CD Jake Woodworking 9 January 26th 05 07:48 PM
WANTED "Power wagon" or powered dump plans Pedroman Metalworking 4 March 13th 04 02:14 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM