dancer

Default How to mount side sander on Dremel scroll station?

I just bought a Dremel 1800 18" scroll station from Home Depot.
The problem is that the manual is the worst piece of help I have
ever seen (ever).

The unit came with parts that are not explained. But worse,
it is IMPOSSIBLE to mount the side sander. It uses an Allen
screw to tighten on the shaft. But the guard prevents you from
getting to the screw with the tiny allen wrench they supply. The
guard can be removed to get a tiny bit more space but it is not
adequate to use the allen wrench And the side table (very Mickey
Mouse) attaches to the guard so it MUST be left on.

It's Sat. and Dremel is closed so I can't call and rant at them. I am
close to returning it since anything with this poor of a design to
mount the side sander cannot be well designed.

After much study, I have no idea where the extra screws and pieces
go. I do have a bit of experience using tools. I own many. This
is crap!!! Arggggggggggggggggg!!!

Bob McConnell

On Sat, 21 May 2005 18:39:40 -0400, "dancer"
wrote:

[...]

I bought a Dremel Scroll saw a couple of years ago that had been the
display model at Lowe's. It had no documents and the air tube was
missing. I did a google search to find their home page, dug out the
contact info and sent them an email. I got a response the next day,
and the manual and parts list with prices were in my mailbox three
days later. You might try that route. Surprisingly, I have not
received much additional material from them. Just a couple of catalogs
in the first year.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP