patrick conroy

Default Question about Euro Hinge *Mounting* Plates

The half dozen times I've done "Euro-Concealed-Blum" style hinges, I've
either picked up a set from Home Depot that had the mounting plates, or I've
order "0mm" mounting plates.

The catalogs list mounting plates "0mm", "3mm", "6mm" etc.
What factors determine when you pick a certain size, other than a 0mm mount
plate?

Thanks!
http://www.wwhardware.com/catalog.cf...nting%20Plates

or
http://www.cshardware.com/Concealed_Hinges.htm

Leon

"patrick conroy" wrote in message
The half dozen times I've done "Euro-Concealed-Blum" style hinges, I've
either picked up a set from Home Depot that had the mounting plates, or
I've order "0mm" mounting plates.

The catalogs list mounting plates "0mm", "3mm", "6mm" etc.
What factors determine when you pick a certain size, other than a 0mm
mount plate?

I use the Euro style hinges all the time and buy them by the 100's. I do
not use the 2 piece type that you are referring to but I suspect that the
different sizes that you have listed are for the amount of overlay that you
want over the face frame opening. I use a 1 piece Euro style Blum brand
hinge and usually pay about $1.25 each.

Robatoy

In article ,
"patrick conroy" wrote:

The half dozen times I've done "Euro-Concealed-Blum" style hinges, I've
either picked up a set from Home Depot that had the mounting plates, or I've
order "0mm" mounting plates.

The catalogs list mounting plates "0mm", "3mm", "6mm" etc.
What factors determine when you pick a certain size, other than a 0mm mount
plate?

Thanks!
http://www.wwhardware.com/catalog.cf...atID/Cabinet%2
0Hinges%2C%20Blum%26%23174%3B%20Concealed/SubCatID/Mounting%20Plates

or
http://www.cshardware.com/Concealed_Hinges.htm

Like Leon mentioned, it has to do with the amount of overlay of the door.
Sometimes two doors might share the same gable, at which point you need
to reduce the overlay. (It is a situation to avoid at the design stage.)
Other than that, talk to a Blum/Grass/Salice rep and have him set you up
with the boring bits for the hinge cups, the overlay...make it a system
and stick with it. The only time there should be an exception, is when
you have either an inside or outside 45-degree door, or if you want a
hinge that opens more than 110-degrees, like a 160. The mounting plates
should never change, the set-back from the front of the cabinet will.

Another time when the thickness of the hinge plate will matter if you
want to do a hybrid (A face-frame on a Euro-style gang-drilled cabinet),
then you'll need to compensate for the intrusion of the face-frame into
the edge of the cabinet...again, try to avoid that.

3/8" Inset Hinge Question [email protected] Woodworking 1 December 21st 04 05:34 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Non-huge parliament or projection hinge: exists? Michael Brewer UK diy 1 March 26th 04 06:08 PM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM