Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jim Bailey

Default Router table dust collection advice

I've almost finished a new router table and I' thinking about dust
collection for it. I don't plan to pipe my shop and I have a 4" quick
disconnect on my DC host that i use on my planer, jointer, and another
router table, at the cutter/fence only.

I'd like to come up with a plan to have a collection point under (at) the
router itself (it's boxed in), then somehow 'T' off that externally to
another that goes up to the fence (Woodpecker with 2 1/2" fitting), so that
I can simply hook my quick disconnect into a single point and draw from both
areas.

I'm thinking that 2 1/2" hose on each area would be fine for this purpose -
am I wrong ? Then adapt it out for the 4" disconnect.

I also see though that the most available (selection) fittings/hose are 4",
so I don't know if I can come up with an appropriate setup anyway.

Has anyone else done this ? Ideas ? Is my explanation clear ?

jim