Default Delta spindle sander

I have this Delta spindle sander that I got secondhand without a
manual. I figured out what the allen key was for after discovering the
small rubber dust cover underneath the unit, so I know how to lock the
spindle so the drums can be changed. But the 3" drum is a bear to get
off the shaft as the rubber tends to distort and lock on when any
pressure is applied. Has anyone developed a good technique for this
operation?

Knotbob

You can get the manual on line from PC. cut and paste the
following: http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=547&p=2796
You should have (or need to get) the edge guide for hand held use
and buy or make a plate for a router table so you can use it as a table
top sander.
They are expensive (new) compared to a Delta Boss table sander
but in the long run I think it's lot more utiltarian.
Robert Smith