NoOne N Particular

Default Upholstery resources?

I have a surface that I need to upholster that resembles the padded area
around a poker table. At least part of it. This piece is for a bar that I
am making and it is for the elbo rest. It is 3" wide and runs along the
front of the bar. Each side turns 90 deg and goes back about another foot.
The inside radius of the bends is only 10".

Anyway, I have been looking for an upholstery resource on the Internet that
would show me how to to it. I think I would be ok with just a few pictures.
Anyone know of such a site?

Thanks,

Wayne

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 08 May 2005 23:42:47 GMT, the inscrutable "NoOne N Particular"
spake:

I have a surface that I need to upholster that resembles the padded area
around a poker table. At least part of it. This piece is for a bar that I
am making and it is for the elbo rest. It is 3" wide and runs along the
front of the bar. Each side turns 90 deg and goes back about another foot.
The inside radius of the bends is only 10".

Anyway, I have been looking for an upholstery resource on the Internet that
would show me how to to it. I think I would be ok with just a few pictures.
Anyone know of such a site?

From my post last year:
[Pick up a book like Gheen's "Upholstery Techniques Illustrated" or
James' "Upholstery: A Complete Course". Both are excellent to give you
the info you need and pictures of the tools necessary for the job.]

As Andy pointed out, James' book is more comprehensive, but I still
prefer Gheen for clarity.

Neither speaks specifically of the bartop padding found on poker
tables but either book should impart enough info on padding chairs to
let you accomplish it. I'd cut segmented arcs of cloth to keep the
folds and wrinkles down to a minimum. You can build a long-armed
compass to hold chalk for marking.

Good luck!

* Blessed are those who can * Humorous T-shirts Online
* laugh at themselves, for they * Comprehensive Website Dev.
* shall never cease to be amused * http://www.diversify.com