Joseph Smith

Default Porter Cable 693LRPK Router Kit $120.00 at SAMS

At SAM's in Chesapeake, VA today I saw the PC 693LPRK for $120.00.
They had originally started them at $199 last year.
I've been looking for a lighter weight router for hand held use. Anyone
else have
this one; and is it a good buy at $120.00?

Thanks,
Joey in Chesapeake

Greg O

"Joseph Smith" wrote in message
At SAM's in Chesapeake, VA today I saw the PC 693LPRK for $120.00.
They had originally started them at $199 last year.
I've been looking for a lighter weight router for hand held use. Anyone
else have
this one; and is it a good buy at $120.00?

Thanks,
Joey in Chesapeake

I have one and like it. I rarely use the plunge base though.
$120 is a good price. I have never seen them any lower than $195.
Greg

Patriarch

"Joseph Smith" wrote in news:E1Bde.11025$eC.3203
@trnddc07:

At SAM's in Chesapeake, VA today I saw the PC 693LPRK for $120.00.
They had originally started them at $199 last year.
I've been looking for a lighter weight router for hand held use. Anyone
else have
this one; and is it a good buy at $120.00?

Good, solid router, at an excellent price. I've had mine for several
years, and the same proven design has been around for quite a while.

Patriarch
Prometheus

On Tue, 03 May 2005 02:07:32 GMT, "Joseph Smith"
wrote:

At SAM's in Chesapeake, VA today I saw the PC 693LPRK for $120.00.
They had originally started them at $199 last year.
I've been looking for a lighter weight router for hand held use. Anyone
else have
this one; and is it a good buy at $120.00?

I got the PC691 (D-handle) a while ago, and I consider it a steal at
the $150 I paid for it. Very nice tool, and I doubt that any of the
690 series are any worse quality-wise. I'd buy another one without
thinking twice about it.

Thanks,
Joey in Chesapeake

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Patrick Conroy

"Joseph Smith" wrote in news:E1Bde.11025$eC.3203
@trnddc07:

693LPRK

693LRPK...

I have the Variable Speed variant of the above. For that price, yeah, I'd
say go for it. The PC690 is a nice motor. And very reliable.

I didn't care for the plunge base at all.

When the plunge base got boogered up - I popped for the Bosch 1617EVSPK.
The difference between the two, to me at least, is amazing.
The Bosch being much more refined.