BUB 209

Default D-Handle Porter Cable Router - Gloat

I was getting too big a collection of plunge routers, so I asked the guys at
the shop if they'd like to trade a base from one of their d-handles for a
plunge, since all they have is d-handles, and am I glad I did. They're for
getting things done CLEAN and FAST. Quick bit change, superior control,
it feels like a pencil in the hands. Couldn't have made a better move.
charlie b

BUB 209 wrote:

I was getting too big a collection of plunge routers, so I asked the guys at
the shop if they'd like to trade a base from one of their d-handles for a
plunge, since all they have is d-handles, and am I glad I did. They're for
getting things done CLEAN and FAST. Quick bit change, superior control,
it feels like a pencil in the hands. Couldn't have made a better move.

I've got a PC D-handle and yes, it eats wood fast. But feeling like a
pencil
in the hands? Personally, with the Pat Warner Offset Base for my DW621,
I can
eat wood just as fast, finally have a nice big stabile base AND the
DW621 is
no where nearly as LOUD! With the new offset base, going around the
corners of
a table top or the like is a lot easier than with the D-handle.

charlie b
BUB 209

LOUD!

Does the Pat Warner thing come with
a muffler?
charlie b

BUB 209 wrote:

LOUD!

Does the Pat Warner thing come with
a muffler?

Sorry no muffler on Pat Warner's offset base. But compared
to the PC D-handle, the DW621 is relatively quiet. The soft
start also minimizes the centripital kick the PC and its
cousins have. Like them so much I've got two of them - one
for the router table and one for hand held routing.

charlie b

BUB 209

Where can I see this thing?
Mark Jerde

charlie b wrote:

Sorry no muffler on Pat Warner's offset base. But compared
to the PC D-handle, the DW621 is relatively quiet. The soft
start also minimizes the centripital kick the PC and its
cousins have. Like them so much I've got two of them - one
for the router table and one for hand held routing.

I have a 621 in a table and a PC plunge bought at a borg sale for hand use.
The PC is nice, but I wish I could morph it into a 621... ;-)

-- Mark

Pat Barber

Well.. you didn't say "which thing" you wanted to see...

http://www.patwarner.com/offset_subbase.html

or this thing:

http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=547&p=2815

BUB 209 wrote: