Searcher1

Default quick question about swing sets

I bought a pre assembled wooden playset from a neighbor. It seems to be
redwood and only a year old. Is is not as dark as it was when they first
bought it, it seems to be drying out. What is my best course of action in
making this set last? Should I stain it again or should I just thompson seal
it?

Searcher1

nospambob

Don't waste your money on Thompsons' Water "Seal" based on posts from
users.

On Mon, 02 May 2005 15:18:25 GMT, "Searcher1"
wrote:

I bought a pre assembled wooden playset from a neighbor. It seems to be
redwood and only a year old. Is is not as dark as it was when they first
bought it, it seems to be drying out. What is my best course of action in
making this set last? Should I stain it again or should I just thompson seal
it?

Searcher1

Robert Bonomi

In article 5xrde.4680$7K.4240@trnddc06,
Searcher1 wrote:
I bought a pre assembled wooden playset from a neighbor. It seems to be
redwood and only a year old. Is is not as dark as it was when they first
bought it, it seems to be drying out. What is my best course of action in
making this set last? Should I stain it again or should I just thompson seal
it?

A good oil-based stain, *designed* for redwood or cedar, is the ticket if
you want to preserve the red look.

Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Repair 6 March 26th 04 01:23 AM
A quick question. Ian UK diy 12 February 29th 04 10:34 AM
Quick question - double glazing - felt trim on sliding doors John Kelly UK diy 2 February 15th 04 10:15 PM
Quick skirting board question John Greenwood UK diy 5 November 10th 03 03:13 PM