David & Betty Bridgeman

Default Curve ideas for light bridge

Gentlemen,

I am building in a light bridge between two shelving units, above a window
seat. I would like to put some decorative curves in the bottom of the light
bridge instead of just a straight line.

I have googled, but am only coming up with limited ideas (such as Early
American on the bottom of a cabinet base). Does anyone have any ideas or
know of a site with ideas?

(I will post a couple of pictures on ABPW)

David

SonomaProducts.com

It really depends on the architecture style. A few ides a

Craftsman: 1-2 inches in flat from each edge, shallow arc (maybe 1-2
inch rise at the center.

Antique: Sort of an Ogee curve up at each end about 3 inches in and 3
inches up at each end with a flat center.

Victorian: Stepped feature stepping out and or up with stacked molding
at the edges.

Victorian Gingerbread: Brackets and fret work.

Contemporary fret work: Oak rails with turned pickets

I think the fret work idea or something with some holes in it would be
nice to let the light play out of it a bit.

David & Betty Bridgeman

Great ideas. I am seeing the fretwork. Sounds interesting. I will have to
investigate.

Thanks,

David

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
It really depends on the architecture style. A few ides a

Craftsman: 1-2 inches in flat from each edge, shallow arc (maybe 1-2
inch rise at the center.

Antique: Sort of an Ogee curve up at each end about 3 inches in and 3
inches up at each end with a flat center.

Victorian: Stepped feature stepping out and or up with stacked molding
at the edges.

Victorian Gingerbread: Brackets and fret work.

Contemporary fret work: Oak rails with turned pickets

I think the fret work idea or something with some holes in it would be
nice to let the light play out of it a bit.

SonomaProducts.com

One place to look is Vandykes

http://www.vandykes.com/subcategory/83/
http://www.vandykes.com/subcategory/180/