Default Dark Stain for Flooring

I'm thinking about having a dark stained wood floor in our new house.
What would be a good choice of wood and stain color combination?
Really don't want any golden or orange tones. Prefer just dark dark
brown. Leaning toward white oak. Would a dark wax be an option?

I'm thinking about having a dark stained wood floor in our new house.
What would be a good choice of wood and stain color combination?
Really don't want any golden or orange tones. Prefer just dark dark
brown. Leaning toward white oak. Would a dark wax be an option?

Hi, Provincial looks nice on white oak. It tends to be about the same
tone only darker and brings out the grain, expecially if there's any
quarter sawn mixed in. As for the wax...depends on how much upkeep you
want to do. I suggest an oil based finish, personally.

SonomaProducts.com

The best choice would be to select a dark wood.

Edwin Pawlowski

"David" wrote in message
How do you fume an entire floor?

Toss in a bottle of ammonia and close the door quickly.

Fiberglass Door Stain Billy Home Ownership 4 July 31st 06 03:22 PM
Unwanted stain from dark sawdust Tom Del Rosso Woodworking 5 January 18th 05 11:32 PM
acid stain concrete WHoME? Home Repair 8 August 5th 04 03:05 AM
Changing a light bulb on R.C.M Tom Gardner Metalworking 24 June 6th 04 12:58 AM