Fred

Default Removing Poly

Does anyone know of anything other than elbow grease and scraper that
will remove poly? I haven't seen a paint remover that will touch it.

Fred

Doug Miller

In article . com, "Fred" wrote:
Does anyone know of anything other than elbow grease and scraper that
will remove poly? I haven't seen a paint remover that will touch it.

I can well imagine that the alcohol-based strippers won't do anything to it.
Have you tried one of the methylene chloride based strippers, like ZipStrip?

--
Regards,

Leuf

On 25 Apr 2005 11:25:09 -0700, "Fred" wrote:

Does anyone know of anything other than elbow grease and scraper that
will remove poly? I haven't seen a paint remover that will touch it.

60 grit on a ROS seems to cut through it reasonably quickly. Less
elbow grease anyway.

-Leuf
Pat Barber

There is stripper that will cut poly... They sell two types
and you MUST get the poly version.

Fred wrote:

Does anyone know of anything other than elbow grease and scraper that
will remove poly? I haven't seen a paint remover that will touch it.

Fred

Larry Jaques

On 25 Apr 2005 11:25:09 -0700, the inscrutable "Fred"
spake:

Does anyone know of anything other than elbow grease and scraper that
will remove poly? I haven't seen a paint remover that will touch it.

Aircraft-type stripper with methylene chloride is the only type
that really touches that shi^H^Htuff, Fred. Now you know just 1
of the -many- reasons I dislike that polyurinestain stuff.

Do. Or do not. * Stylin' Web Design Services
There is no try. --Yoda * http://www.diversify.com