superx

Default VA Moulder Head

I have a De Walt DW1501 Radial arm saw with a "Vermont American" moulder
head attachment - this saw must be about 20yrs old so I am struggling for
bits - what I am looking for is a "rail and Stile" moulder bit and a "panal
raising" moulder bit to fit this VA moulder head - it is an old type with
"one fixing screw" per blade and there are three on the moulder head.- If
anyone knows if they are still stocked or know of an outlet I would be
gratefull.

Dave

Duane Bozarth

superx wrote:

I have a De Walt DW1501 Radial arm saw with a "Vermont American" moulder
head attachment - this saw must be about 20yrs old so I am struggling for
bits - what I am looking for is a "rail and Stile" moulder bit and a "panal
raising" moulder bit to fit this VA moulder head - it is an old type with
"one fixing screw" per blade and there are three on the moulder head.- If
anyone knows if they are still stocked or know of an outlet I would be
gratefull.

I don't specific outlet, but that doesn't sound like a particularly
unusual cutter design. Many moulding heads had a single set screw and
three cutters. I've not used mine in ages as the speed of the saw isn't
as high as the shaper so it isn't as good a cut and so I don't have a
current place I've been using to suggest...

Where and how have you looked? Maybe knowing that would spur some other
ideas.
Doug Miller

In article , "superx" wrote:
I have a De Walt DW1501 Radial arm saw with a "Vermont American" moulder
head attachment - this saw must be about 20yrs old so I am struggling for
bits - what I am looking for is a "rail and Stile" moulder bit and a "panal
raising" moulder bit to fit this VA moulder head - it is an old type with
"one fixing screw" per blade and there are three on the moulder head.- If
anyone knows if they are still stocked or know of an outlet I would be
gratefull.

Sears used to sell a single-cutter molding head; not sure if they still do, or
if their cutters would fit your moulding head, but it's worth a shot.

Also, check eBay. Stuff like that comes up frequently.

Finally, if you can't find what you want, Sears still sells their
triple-cutter moulding head, and you could always get one of those with the
appropriate cutter sets - then sell your old moulding head and cutters on eBay
to recover some of your cost. :-)

--
Regards,

Doug Miller

In article , Eddie Munster wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

Sears used to sell a single-cutter molding head; not sure if they still do,
or if their cutters would fit your moulding head, but it's worth a shot.

I have one and it was made by VA

I suspected that but wasn't sure, so I didn't say.

--
Regards,

Joe User

I have my dad's Craftsman molding cutter that matches your description.
Last time I looked (OK, it was probably a year or two ago) the local
Sears still had some blades for it in the store. Who knows, it could
even be the same cutterhead, with different labels painted on.

-j

Cleaning VCR - need help and a diagram Mike Electronics Repair 8 September 15th 04 03:54 PM
Adjusting audio head on Pana NV-9100 U-Matic Wild Bill Electronics Repair 0 June 12th 04 01:41 AM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Fisher cassette heads bg Electronics Repair 5 July 30th 03 05:04 AM