David

Default Concrete pigment as a woodstain?

If it can stand up well to UV light, you are good to go.

Dave

Mark Haldorson wrote:

I was wondering if anyone had tried this.
I'm wondering how it would mix up in a clear wood stain base.
I like the color green and patina that I can get from mixing concrete stain in a
bit of water and applying to cedar but it would be great if I could just add it
to wood stain clear base.
Nothing the paint store has comes close and they are unsure about long term
results.

Andy Dingley

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:34:20 -0700, Mark Haldorson
wrote:

I'm wondering how it would mix up in a clear wood stain base.

A coarse pigment like that won't work in a true "stain", but if it's
actually more of a glaze (a coloured varnish) then it should do. Don't
use too much, or you might find the finish tends to flake.

I don't know what green concrete pigment is made from. It's not as UV
stable as the red or black pigments, but it's probably OK for timber.

Mark Haldorson wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had tried this.
I'm wondering how it would mix up in a clear wood stain base.
I like the color green and patina that I can get from mixing concrete

stain in a
bit of water and applying to cedar but it would be great if I could

just add it
to wood stain clear base.
Nothing the paint store has comes close and they are unsure about

long term
results.

I can highly recommend the Homestead transfast dye powders, if its
color you are looking for. They are available at woodcraft.

Bob

.HMFIC@1369

Contact the Manufacturer.......... they may not be sure of your method, but
should be able to tackle the long term. Since your suspending it in a
base........ I don't think anything could do it harm, but it may be caustic
or have chemical properties any one is not aware of....

"Mark Haldorson" wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone had tried this.
I'm wondering how it would mix up in a clear wood stain base.
I like the color green and patina that I can get from mixing concrete

stain in a
bit of water and applying to cedar but it would be great if I could just

add it
to wood stain clear base.
Nothing the paint store has comes close and they are unsure about long

term
results.

How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Repair 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
Repairing concrete floor in shop Todd Fatheree Woodworking 10 June 3rd 04 08:18 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
Help with concrete! Alexander Galkin Home Repair 4 August 16th 03 04:40 AM