Mr Fixit eh

Default Perfect Stain Match

I want to thank everyone who replied to my earlier thread about making
a stain to match my existing kitchen oak cabinets and trim. I called
the 6 major paint stores in my area, and 1 of them was able to create a
custom stain for me. I took in a piece of my existing cabinets and
some scrap oak for them to "play" with. It took about an hour and cost
me $12 CAD for a quart. I am amazed by the results. Side-by-side I
can't tell the old from the new.

Now if only I could get back the hours and hours that I wasted on
trying to match it up myself :-(

Steve

Rumpty

Steve,

Thanks for your follow up! My local paint store here in town will do the
same, they are more than happy to keep one safe from the
Borgggggggggggggggggggggg..............

--

Rumpty

"Mr Fixit eh" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to thank everyone who replied to my earlier thread about making
a stain to match my existing kitchen oak cabinets and trim. I called
the 6 major paint stores in my area, and 1 of them was able to create a
custom stain for me. I took in a piece of my existing cabinets and
some scrap oak for them to "play" with. It took about an hour and cost
me $12 CAD for a quart. I am amazed by the results. Side-by-side I
can't tell the old from the new.

Now if only I could get back the hours and hours that I wasted on
trying to match it up myself :-(

Steve

Fiberglass Door Stain Billy Home Ownership 4 July 31st 06 03:22 PM
Stain Matching: A Better Way? (Long) Mr Fixit eh Woodworking 12 March 18th 05 02:36 AM
Match stain color Andy Arhelger Woodworking 2 December 22nd 04 07:17 PM
acid stain concrete WHoME? Home Repair 8 August 5th 04 03:05 AM
Deck stain. Recommendation? kristen Home Ownership 5 April 14th 04 05:17 PM