Tattooed and Dusty

Default Shopping Trip

So I went shopping today for some new toys, thought I would drop a
gloat in the water.

Start with the not so exciting move on up.

Finally picked up the deluxe edge guide for my Bosch 1617 Router, not
super fun but something I have needed.

I have a Mag77, but find for cutting ply its over the top. So I picked
up a Milwaukee circ saw, magnesium guides and the like, nice and light.

Finally have a project that calls for biscuits, so bought the Porter
Cable kit, after lusting after the Lamello Pro. Maybe for the 100th
project needing biscuits I will spend the three times as much for a
tool maybe 10% better.

General 17" floor standing drill press. Have never bought a general
tool before, but out of the box it is great. A snap to put together,
nice fit and finish, easy instructions etc.

And the big boy. Yesterday my old, inherited, craftsman jointer bit the
dust. Rather than drop the cash for a new motor, I dropped the cash for
a Powermatic 54A, and don't imagine I will ever look back on that
choice. Just finished getting it setup, and dialed in, ran about 25bf
of african exotics through, the term glass doesn't begin to describe
the finish on those boards.

All in all a good day.

Yeah, I know I probably suck but I will be chowing on Ramen for a
couple weeks, so keep that in mind.

Andrew

Upscale

"Tattooed and Dusty" wrote in message

General 17" floor standing drill press. Have never bought a general
tool before, but out of the box it is great. A snap to put together,
nice fit and finish, easy instructions etc.

Which General did you buy? For sometime, I've had my eye on one of the
General drill presses with the whole head raising mechanism where it can
ride up and down the main supporting pole.

http://www.general.ca/product/general/34proanfea.html