Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Clint

Default Cedar acclimatization. How long for outdoor furniture?

So I decided to try my hand at one of the many outdoor Adirondack chair
plans out there. Kind of a rite-of-passage, right? Anyway, the stuff I
picked up a the local Borg was not quite dripping wet, but it sure was damp.
Actually, the 2x6 material wasn't so bad, but the 1x6's were.

Any suggestions how long I should let them set? I've got them stickered and
stacked, but it would be nice to build something with them for this summer,
not next. If nothing else, they make my shop smell nice! I have no
moisture checker, and I'm not sure what's good for outdoor furniture anyway.

TIA!

Clint

Long Island Woodworking Show -- April 9th and 10th Kevin Morgan Woodworking 0 March 30th 05 02:00 PM
Woodworking Show on Long Island April 9th & 10th Kevin Morgan Woodworking 0 March 29th 05 09:58 PM
Teaching Redux - Long John Moorhead Woodworking 17 March 19th 05 11:05 AM
Silent thermostat Dave Gibson UK diy 13 January 5th 04 12:02 PM
Long post about boilers and stuff - with too many questions....! Simon Hawthorne UK diy 11 January 4th 04 10:06 AM