Fly-by-Night CC

In article O3H8e.1054322$Xk.948686@pd7tw3no,
"Clint" wrote:

So I decided to try my hand at one of the many outdoor Adirondack chair
plans out there. Kind of a rite-of-passage, right? Anyway, the stuff I
picked up a the local Borg was not quite dripping wet, but it sure was damp.
Actually, the 2x6 material wasn't so bad, but the 1x6's were.

Any suggestions how long I should let them set? I've got them stickered and
stacked, but it would be nice to build something with them for this summer,
not next. If nothing else, they make my shop smell nice! I have no
moisture checker, and I'm not sure what's good for outdoor furniture anyway.

Outdoor furniture will be at a pretty high moisture content compared
with household furniture - something likely on the order of 15% if
you're anywhere but a desert.

One way to tell if wood has excess moisture is to merely feel it - if it
feels damp then it is. Store it in a sheltered area away from rain,
direct sunlight and excess heat. You may be able to use it by mid to
late summer depending on just how wet it is right now. (I know what you
mean by Borg wood not quite dripping - but it certainly doesn't seem too
far from it.)
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05