Tom Watson

Default Spring Cleaning The Shop

How the hell do spiders build webs during the Winter?

I swear they weren't there in the Fall.

I've got a bunch of them to suck up with the shop vac.

How the hell does dust form over the Winter to the degree that it is a
half inch thick in some spots?

Is a puzzlement!

Why can't I have at least two days of good weather before the
carpenter bees start up again?

They must have eaten half my shop by now.

How can the jointer table be a sea of rust when it was slathered with
TopCote in November?

That goes for the shaper, drill press and Unisaw, too.

How can six fluorescent tubes be burned out when they were hardly on
during the Winter and they all worked fine in November?

Who the hell took my favorite bench brush?

Why does MDF swell so much in an unheated building when the RH was
only 20% on average during the Winter?

Why is it that I threw out everything that I thought that I could in
November and now have four trash barrels full of crap to put out on
the street in April?

Why does my shop smell like an abandoned building?

I sure am glad it is Spring - I have a lot of work to do - and a lot
of questions to answer.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)
Xlat

I think maybe your neighbor has been building himself some hellacious
nice projects while you are sleeping..

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:01:04 -0400, Tom Watson
wrote:

[...]

Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!
no(SPAM)vasys

Tom Watson wrote:

How the hell do spiders build webs during the Winter?

snip

Why does my shop smell like an abandoned building?

I sure am glad it is Spring - I have a lot of work to do - and a lot
of questions to answer.

If you ever find someone who knows the answers would you ask them if
they know how a lawn mower's spark plug can go bad while sitting in a
garage over the winter?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Tom Watson

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:33:15 -0400, "no(SPAM)vasys"
wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:

How the hell do spiders build webs during the Winter?

snip

Why does my shop smell like an abandoned building?

I sure am glad it is Spring - I have a lot of work to do - and a lot
of questions to answer.

If you ever find someone who knows the answers would you ask them if
they know how a lawn mower's spark plug can go bad while sitting in a
garage over the winter?

Damn, if I had a question like that, I'd ask an engineer.

(bseg)

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)

Norman D. Crow

"no(SPAM)vasys" wrote in message
Tom Watson wrote:

How the hell do spiders build webs during the Winter?

snip

Why does my shop smell like an abandoned building?
I sure am glad it is Spring - I have a lot of work to do - and a lot
of questions to answer.

If you ever find someone who knows the answers would you ask them if they
know how a lawn mower's spark plug can go bad while sitting in a garage
over the winter?

If he can answer that one, ask him how 6 sparkplugs can go bad in a 10 hr.
time span. About '84-'85, my first "big" bike was a KZ1300 tourer,(yeah,
that one, the 6 cyl. in-line). I rode home from a friends house around
midnight, running fine. Next morning around 10:00, the darn thing wouldn't
even fart! Messed with it about half the day, tried cleaning and gapping the
plugs, etc. Finally went out and bought a new set of plugs & put in,
vrooooom, right now!

--
Nahmie

Tom Watson

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:25:45 -0400, "Norman D. Crow"
wrote:

About '84-'85, my first "big" bike was a KZ1300 tourer,(yeah,
that one, the 6 cyl. in-line).

You know that's why you're bowlegged, right?

I mean, that's gotta be it!

(watson - who can't even find a cheap car to buy that has six
cylinders - sigh...)

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)

Patrick Fischer

Tom Watson wrote:

How the hell do spiders build webs during the Winter?

snip

Why does my shop smell like an abandoned building?
I sure am glad it is Spring - I have a lot of work to do - and a lot
of questions to answer.

If you ever find someone who knows the answers would you ask them if they
know how a lawn mower's spark plug can go bad while sitting in a garage
over the winter?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)

For $162.50 the lawn mower tune up guy will tell you "bad gas". DAMHIKT

Pat..

Mark & Juanita

wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:

How the hell do spiders build webs during the Winter?

snip

Why does my shop smell like an abandoned building?

I sure am glad it is Spring - I have a lot of work to do - and a lot
of questions to answer.

If you ever find someone who knows the answers would you ask them if
they know how a lawn mower's spark plug can go bad while sitting in a
garage over the winter?

Put me out in a cold building in Buffalo, NY during the winter and my
spark plug wouldn't work either! ;-)

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody

J. Clarke

Knothead wrote:

I keep my shop open all winter, what I don't get is what is in my shop
that kills mice? Poison free zone and I know it's not the cat cause they
still have there heads intact. Must be the winter variety of spiders

Age? Mice don't live forever.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Knothead

I keep my shop open all winter, what I don't get is what is in my shop that
kills mice? Poison free zone and I know it's not the cat cause they still
have there heads intact. Must be the winter variety of spiders

Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:21:47 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Knothead wrote:

I keep my shop open all winter, what I don't get is what is in my shop
that kills mice? Poison free zone and I know it's not the cat cause they
still have there heads intact. Must be the winter variety of spiders

Age? Mice don't live for

How about the cold (i.e. hypothermia)?

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody
Knothead

Age? Mice don't live for

How about the cold (i.e. hypothermia)?

It's not cold maybe the shock from coming in from the cold. I hope it's not
age that would suggest I work in a mouse graveyard where they all come to
die. My neighbor suggested it's from the blown in insulation in the ceiling
that has some treatment that kills 'em. I guess I shouldn't complain.

Walt Cheever

I had a red squirrel take up residence inside my bench one winter. Never
saw the sucker but heard occasional scurryings when I went into the shed.
In the spring, I discovered that he/she had gnawed shortcuts between and
through the drawers. What a mess. I put a back on the bench.

Walt C

"Knothead" wrote in message
news:1113853902.3233a0315dc4cf72d91df4da49e06163@t eranews...
I keep my shop open all winter, what I don't get is what is in my shop that
kills mice? Poison free zone and I know it's not the cat cause they still
have there heads intact. Must be the winter variety of spiders

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 05:01:10 -0500, the inscrutable "Knothead"
spake:

Age? Mice don't live for

How about the cold (i.e. hypothermia)?

It's not cold maybe the shock from coming in from the cold. I hope it's not
age that would suggest I work in a mouse graveyard where they all come to
die. My neighbor suggested it's from the blown in insulation in the ceiling
that has some treatment that kills 'em. I guess I shouldn't complain.

Sell tickets to your basement, Knotty!

"Visit the U.S. Escarpment, home of the Mouse Graveyard"
"See the tiny piles of mouse ivory never before seen by man"

Save the Whales + http://www.diversify.com
Collect the whole set! + Website design and graphics
Knothead

Sell tickets to your basement, Knotty!

Good Idea maybe a pay per view website... Meatbits.com